PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tournament -- Through Monday, Feb. 18th

MUBasketball
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Here's the updated conference tournament picture.

Movement since last Monday:

Georgetown +2
Louisville +2
Villanova +1
Cincinnati +1
DePaul +1

Syracuse -1
Marquette -1
Seton Hall -1
Pitt -2
St. John's -2

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d15/MUBasketball/BigEastTournamentBracketThruFeb18.jpg

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
This is hardly worth looking at right now, there is still so much to be determined between now and the start of the BE tourny that a lot of these teams will end up in different slots.

MUMac
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
This is hardly worth looking at right now, there is still so much to be determined between now and the start of the BE tourny that a lot of these teams will end up in different slots.

We've been looking at this the past month. Actually, now it has more meaning that it had. Obviously, Pitt beating ND would have been better for MU. 2 game lead for the double bye, could have been 3.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Actually I think ND winning was better, that way Pitt is now 3 games back and we still play ND at home so we can push them another game back. At this point we are looking really good for the double bye, issue is where in the top 4 will we sit. Frankly I'm still hoping for a Big East Championship, it would be neat to get one before it all goes away.

MUMac
02-19-2013, 06:03 AM
Actually I think ND winning was better, that way Pitt is now 3 games back and we still play ND at home so we can push them another game back. At this point we are looking really good for the double bye, issue is where in the top 4 will we sit. Frankly I'm still hoping for a Big East Championship, it would be neat to get one before it all goes away.

MU holds the tie breaker with Pitt. Right now ND is two back without tie breakers. I expect MU to beat ND, but there are no guarantee's.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Well if we do beat them then we are 3 up on the next closest with both tie breakers. Either way MU is in good shape, we just need to take care of business on the road (easier said than done) and we could be looking at a nice seed and potentially a big east championship

MU_Iceman
02-19-2013, 09:22 AM
No...definitely wanted Pitt to win last night. Wanted them to finish ahead of UL in the BE. Assuming that GT, Cuse and MU were to all tie...and say UL finishes 4th, then GT and Cuse have the tiebreaker on MU for seeding...If Pitt finished higher, than MU would have had the tiebreaker in that scenario. I almost see no way Louisville doesn't finish 4 now. Other than Cuse at Cuse, they play no one the rest of the way.

I'm not even considering the double bye, to me that is almost a foregone conclusion at this point...I want the BE title, badly!