PDA

View Full Version : Our road got a little easier, re: Rutgers, Seataon Hall

pbiflyer
02-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Rutgers top scorer done for the season:
Rutgers leading scorer Eli Carter is out for the rest of the season with a fractured fibula in his right leg, the school announced late Saturday night.

Carter suffered the injury in the Scarlet Knights' 75-69 loss at DePaul earlier Saturday. No other information was released, other than that he "will be further evaluated by orthopedic personnel later this week."

The 6-foot-2 sophomore guard was averaging 14.9 points per game after averaging 13.8 as a freshman.

Seton Hall's Mobley will have surgery:
Seton Hall starting forward Brandon Mobley will have season-ending shoulder surgery next week.

Coach Kevin Willard revealed the news following the Pirates' 76-65 loss to No. 6 Syracuse on Saturday night at the Prudential Center.

"We hope it's only eight weeks," Willard said, regarding Mobley's recovery time from surgery. "Get him back by June, and he can have a full summer and rehab and get stronger and work on his game."

Mobley, a sophomore, is fourth on the team in scoring (9.0 points per game) and third in rebounding (5.5 per game). He has been playing through the shoulder injury, but dislocated it again while stretching earlier this week, according to Willard.

Markedman
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Glockner says...lock it up

3 mins Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner
Doing some Bubble Watch gardening this week. Moving Marquette and Georgetown into lock status, looking at what they have left

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Sadly these were the two I was least worried about anyhow. I'd say the Syracuse, St. John's, Villanova, and Notre Dame games worry me the most, and in that order.

TedBaxter
02-18-2013, 06:52 PM
I worry about every opponent and it's one game at a time. This team can't look past one team on it's schedule.

Markedman
02-18-2013, 06:53 PM
We should really beat ND at home....doesn't mean we will but they are a good matchup for us.

mufan2003
02-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Was going to ask but just found the answer online. @Villanova game is at The Pavilion on campus and more importantly the @ St. Johns game is at Madison Square Garden.

Love the fact @ St. Johns game is at MSG, just 3 days before the Big East Tournament tips off. That will be a tough game, sure, but will be great to get the team (especially younger guys) acclimated with MSG. Assuming we are fortunate enough to sit as a top 4 seed with a legitimate chance to make a run in the Big East Tourney. A lot can change before then, but just saying.

pbiflyer
02-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Would we stay out there? Or go home for a day. I guess it depends on the bye situation.

mufan2003
02-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Good question, if MU gets a top 4 seed, obviously they would not play until Thursday. I'll guess that MU would fly back to Milwaukee on Saturday and would fly back out on Tuesday afternoon after classes.

MUAlphaBangura
02-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Would we stay out there? Or go home for a day. I guess it depends on the bye situation.

Flying home after the game no matter what.

Nukem2
02-19-2013, 09:06 AM
I worry about every opponent and it's one game at a time. This team can't look past one team on it's schedule.Agreed. Yes, we are only fans, but.....lets not put unreasonable expectatitons out there. Wins have to be earned.