PDA

View Full Version : Question for IWB...

IrwinFletcher
02-18-2013, 05:25 PM
It has been very encouraging to see Chris Otule really starting to contribute again. He could be a big plus down the stretch.

Have you heard of anything in regards to next year in terms of his desires to come back for a 6th year? I know the NCAA needs to give a final ruling on that, but does Chris want to come back? Go to Europe and make some $$? Move on from his BBall career?

IWB
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Fletch - first off, I could be wrong but I had heard that he has already been cleared for an additional year. Originally it was my understanding that you couldn't even apply until this season ended, but I was told he was already granted the additional year.

So, what will he do? I have talked to Chris about this a couple of times, and he seems like he is really unsure. Said he will have to wait and see how this season goes. Now, does that mean if this season goes well he stays, if not he leaves?

Don't know, but MU fans are finally seeing the work of a healthy Chris Otule, and it has been great. I know I have said this before, but during games I sit under the north hoop. It amazes me how many shots opponents abandon, plays that are disrupted, because once he pops out, he is a massive road block. I can't remember a center at MU with that much overall size.

One side of me says why wouldn't you stay? The other side says, after this much time, he might be feeling pretty old around campus. Just not sure.

Markedman
02-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Based on his comments in the paper the other day he generally seems unsure.

Will he go through senior day ceremonies? I would guess not unless he knows this is it.

TheSultan
02-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Would he leave to play overseas...or is he ready to simply move on with life?

DCwarrior
02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
From what I've read, I think Chris a very religious guy. Maybe he participates in something like the Athletes in Action touring basketball team if he doesn't want to go overseas next year or stay here for a 6th year.

IWB
02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
As long as he stays health, Chris will make some money playing basketball.

Goose85
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM
As long as he stays health, Chris will make some money playing basketball.

IWB, aren't guys his size a premium in some of the overseas leagues?

IWB
02-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Since most overseas leagues regulate how many Americans you can have, the premium is 7'0 footers and guys that can score 20-30 per game.