PDA

View Full Version : Who do we want to win tonight? Pitt-ND

pbiflyer
02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
So, I know it may be a different answer depending on if we beat ND or not. But since we won't know that, who do we want to win tonight? I am guessing Pitt, since we beat them twice, so hold the tie breaker.

MU_Iceman
02-18-2013, 10:12 AM
So, I know it may be a different answer depending on if we beat ND or not. But since we won't know that, who do we want to win tonight? I am guessing Pitt, since we beat them twice, so hold the tie breaker.

Yes...in a lot of ways it makes sense to root for Pitt tonight. Here's why...we want Pitt to finish 4th in the Big East, but most importantly AHEAD of UL. Should MU tie with Cuse or Georgetown, they both beat UL, while MU lost to them, where as MU beat Pitt, while GT and Cuse both lost to Pitt. Of course MU could gain the tiebreaker over Cuse should they beat them, but as of this moment, I'd say root for Pitt.

mutpm
02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
I may not have the way the tiebreaker works, but if MU loses to Syracuse, won't they most likely be on the outside of any tiebreaker? Syracuse and Georgetown would already have 1 win among the 3 and would only need to split with each other to knock MU out of the tiebreaker.

MU/Panther
02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Pitt, the wins by MU over Pitt count twice.