PDA

View Full Version : Is this accurate?

Halo
02-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Does MU have this reputation along with these other schools? Found it interesting. Seems to me most school in the country get excited after a big play or dunk. As for UW, Dekker does also. He was all over the Indiana student section. Should he transfer? Would love to see him at MU. Koenig talks big time also. Or is just average players are not allowed to talk trash? Just trying to understand what the line is.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/61266/T-Jax#.USI6KVpARhQ

Litehouse
02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
No. Don't take anything Butch says about Marquette seriously. He's the biggest MU-basher over there.

Goose85
02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Butch needs to get over himself.
He will want Koenig out after his first made basket. Larry Bird was one of the worst trash talkers in the game, he just wasn't always as obvious about it.

IWB
02-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Butch rarely ever posts without mentioning MU.

mutpm
02-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Apparently, Butch has no problem with Bruesewitz. Anytime he makes a "big" play, he's waving his arms like he's about to take flight.

MayorBeluga
02-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Apparently, Butch has no problem with Bruesewitz. Anytime he makes a "big" play, he's waving his arms like he's about to take flight.

Well that's different because it's different. And if you can't see why, well that's cause you're wearing blue and gold glasses. Now shut up.

Gato78
02-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Translation: White guys just don't do that stuff. Only the black guys.

GOMU1104
02-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm fairness, there are times when I think our bench goes alittle overboard as well as our guys on the court when they make a shot...and they do celebrate more than other schools.

I'm sure ill get chided for that viewpoint and it will be justified as "Kids being kids" but it's just how I feel.

With all that being said...Butch is still an idiot.

mutpm
02-18-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm fairness, there are times when I think our bench goes alittle overboard as well as our guys on the court when they make a shot...and they do celebrate more than other schools.

I'm sure ill get chided for that viewpoint and it will be justified as "Kids being kids" but it's just how I feel.

With all that being said...Butch is still an idiot.

I understand where you're coming from with this statement. I can see how fans of other schools look at the MU bench and say it's over the top. It's a balancing act between being respectful and showing good sportsmanship towards your opponent and having a team that is truly a team and shows it on the court and on the bench. I've watched some games were it looks like the bench players are just seat fillers on the bench and not actually players who practice with the team.