PDA

View Full Version : Osu/uw

Markedman
02-17-2013, 01:20 PM
48-33 UW....Big 10 just crazy this year.

Keep waiting to see Trey Mcdonald play for OSU....does he ever get off the pine?

Markedman
02-17-2013, 01:40 PM
ok there he is.....bricks 2 free throws

DCwarrior
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Our win over UW keeps looking better.

CaribouJim
02-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Did I see that graphic correctly at the beginning of the game - OSU is now 1-7 vs. ranked teams this year? How could they have been ranked #13 in the country?

TedBaxter
02-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Wisconsin has a chance to win the Big Ten this year with their remaining schedule very favorable. UW played very well today.

Once you get past Thomas, Craft and Lenzelle Smith, all bets are off for offensive production and even Craft and Smith aren't great on offense in some games.

TheSultan
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
I think Craft might be the most over-hyped player in college basketball.

Markedman
02-17-2013, 02:23 PM
So I guess those who thought this might be the year that UW would miss the tourny were.......very wrong.....again.....

I might have been one of those guys.....;)

MU_Iceman
02-17-2013, 02:31 PM
So I guess those who thought this might be the year that UW would miss the tourny were.......very wrong.....again.....

I might have been one of those guys.....;)

Ok, but think about this...how different would their season look if they wouldn't have made two of the luckiest shots all year to save their seasons?? First...Iowa at home. Jackson hits a three that hits rim, bounces straight up in the air, kisses of the glass and in to tie it, then of course Brust's lucky ass shot. Flip those two games to losses instead of wins like they should have been...and things look mighty different for UW, don't they?? Oh, and I forgot to mention, the missed FT by Minny at the end of the game at UW as well. That's three more potential losses(2 for sure, as the two luck shots tied the game to send to OT). Still not impressed when taken into context of why their record is what it is.

Nukem2
02-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Will be interesting next year iwith the graduation of UWs starting front line ( Berggren, Evans and Bruesewitz ). Will be very guard heavy with a lot of pressure on Dekker and Kaminsky and a frosh. But, never count Ryan out.

Markedman
02-17-2013, 02:38 PM
How different would MU's season have been if Junior wouldn't have made that bomb against UCONN or if Clarke hadn't made that prayer against us in Maui? What about if GT made the last free throw and beat us in OT?

It's basketball......you evaluate the whole season.....they have lost close ones and won close ones...like every other good team this year.

kneelb4zerg
02-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok, but think about this...how different would their season look if they wouldn't have made two of the luckiest shots all year to save their seasons?? First...Iowa at home. Jackson hits a three that hits rim, bounces straight up in the air, kisses of the glass and in to tie it, then of course Brust's lucky ass shot. Flip those two games to losses instead of wins like they should have been...and things look mighty different for UW, don't they?? Oh, and I forgot to mention, the missed FT by Minny at the end of the game at UW as well. That's three more potential losses(2 for sure, as the two luck shots tied the game to send to OT). Still not impressed when taken into context of why their record is what it is.

Even if all that happened they would still be a tournament team.

MU_Iceman
02-17-2013, 04:02 PM
How different would MU's season have been if Junior wouldn't have made that bomb against UCONN or if Clarke hadn't made that prayer against us in Maui? What about if GT made the last free throw and beat us in OT?

It's basketball......you evaluate the whole season.....they have lost close ones and won close ones...like every other good team this year.

Junior's bomb was a bit different...That wasn't a "lucky" shot that bounced off the rim, went straight up in the air, kissed off the glass and in. Had it, I would say the same thing...It was a totally luck shot. Just as Brust's was, and Clarke's was. Junior was deep, but he was squared up and it wasn't a "heave". It hit nothing but net.

MU_Iceman
02-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Even if all that happened they would still be a tournament team.

Perhaps, but take those 3 games above and put them in the loss column instead of the win column and they are 6-7 instead of 9-4...In 7th place instead of 4th. Even if they made the tourney, their seed would be significantly different, wouldn't you agree??

kneelb4zerg
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Perhaps, but take those 3 games above and put them in the loss column instead of the win column and they are 6-7 instead of 9-4...In 7th place instead of 4th. Even if they made the tourney, their seed would be significantly different, wouldn't you agree??

Yes, obviously, but I was addressing the talking point about this being the year that UW misses the tournament.

TheSultan
02-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Junior's bomb was a bit different...That wasn't a "lucky" shot that bounced off the rim, went straight up in the air, kissed off the glass and in. Had it, I would say the same thing...It was a totally luck shot. Just as Brust's was, and Clarke's was. Junior was deep, but he was squared up and it wasn't a "heave". It hit nothing but net.

I just don't think you can parse seasons like this. The results are the results and that really is all that matters.

Markedman
02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Why was Brust's shot luck or Clarke's? They didn't hit the rim or the backboard?

How do you judge what is a great shot and what is lucky? All were low percentage shots....certainly Junior's as you said was squared up and in rythem but he is a bad 3 point shooter. Even on open shorter 3 point shots with the game not on the line he misses about 80% of his 3's.

What if a "lucky" shot for the other team happens earlier in the game and impacts the outcome?

I just don't understand why you can just say they are better then you thought they would be? I did......others have.....

You can dislike a team and still be honest enough to say I was wrong they are pretty good.

Dwight Burke was a bad free thorw shooter....Bo intentionally fouled him in Madison and he nailed both free throws...were we lucky that a bad free throws shooter made them or does Dwight get credit for stepping up and knocking them down?

I rememeber a game a year or so ago when Otule had 2 free throws after a shooting foul.......both of them hit the rim about 5 times before somehow magically dropping through the net.....it's sports....every team gets lucky and unlucky.

IWB
02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Ohio State - I saw this on the ESPN scroll and didn't believe it, so I had to look it up. Sure enough.....

Ohio State, while still ranked 18th, is 1-7 against the top 25.

dw3dw3dw3
02-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Ohio State - I saw this on the ESPN scroll and didn't believe it, so I had to look it up. Sure enough.....

Ohio State, while still ranked 18th, is 1-7 against the top 25.

Should be 1-8. Oh well.