PDA

View Full Version : And down the stretch they come!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Here are the remaining games for the teams in the hunt for this years BE title:

Cuse (9-3): Providence, Gtown, @Marquette, Lville, DePaul, @Gtown
MU(9-3): @Seton Hall, @Nova, Cuse, Notre Dame, @Rutgers, @SJU
Gtown (9-3): DePaul, @Cuse, @UCONN, Rutgers, @Nova, Cuse
Louisville (8-4): @USF, Seton Hall, @DePaul, @Cuse, Cincy, Notre Dame
PITT (8-5): Notre Dame, @SJU, USF, Nova, @DePaul
Notre Dame (8-5): @PITT, Cincy, @MU, SJU, Louisville
UCONN (7-5): Cincy, @DePaul, Gtown, @Cincy, @USF, Providence

MU just might have a shot if they take care of business down the stretch. If we only lose to Cuse, and then Cuse loses 1 to G'town and 1 to Louisville, G'town loses 1 to Cuse and 1 to UCONN, and Louisville drops one of their last three then we are the outright champs... Now if we stumble along the way that could really cost us, but I think no matter what we have to limit it to one loss the rest of the way.

kneelb4zerg
02-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Looking at those schedules it seems like 13-5 wins the league or at least will be co-champs. We've got the easiest schedule.

IWB
02-17-2013, 09:40 AM
I think Pitt has the easiest schedule, but it is doable.

It would be great for MU to win the Big East in the last year of 'The Real Big East', but I just want them to beat the members of the Iscariot Wing. Pitt down, Syracuse and Notre Dame to go. Pittsburgh and Syracuse started this mess and Notre Dame leaving was the final straw.

Normally I would type Pitt, 'Cuse & ND, but they don't deserve nicknames.

2012Warrior
02-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Well, they deserve nicknames. They just might not be board appropriate.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-17-2013, 10:19 AM
If we manage to pull off your wish Jim I think we will win the Big East outright...

bleedbluegold03
02-17-2013, 03:55 PM
how good does Marquette need to be for Buzz to win Coach of the Year honors? I'd imagine top 3 or 4 locks it up

Markedman
02-17-2013, 06:22 PM
MU was picked to finish 7th in the preaseason poll.....Georgetown 5th...in one of thsoe schools wins it they should get coach of the year. If not it could be up for grabs. Nova was picked to finish 12th if they make the tournament Wright might have a case too.

Nukem2
02-17-2013, 06:32 PM
MU was picked to finish 7th in the preaseason poll.....Georgetown 5th...in one of thsoe schools wins it they should get coach of the year. If not it could be up for grabs. Nova was picked to finish 12th if they make the tournament Wright might have a case too.
But, the vote is before the BE tourney, so Wright needs to get to work

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-17-2013, 09:40 PM
That is the neat thing about this year, these end games are so important to determine things. There is no way anyone can predict what will happen, it's going to be a fun few weeks here.