PDA

View Full Version : Davante

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-16-2013, 02:53 PM
It was a great game today, with the exception of us doing everything we could to throw it away at the end it was our most complete game of the year. That being said I think both opposing teams and the refs are on to Davante's game and are adjusting the way they call it and play against it. I also think he theatrics is starting to catch up to him with all the talking to the refs and screaming that he does. I've noticed he gets less calls than he use to and you can tell that it gets in his head. I really hope the coaching staff either has or will sit him down and talk with him about how he has to cool it. I've even had other friends who are fans of other teams comment on how it seems he is always so dramatic and screaming and pounding his chest and how that comes off poorly.

Anyone else feel this way or am I off base here?

TheSultan
02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
I think you are off base. I didn't see much that should have been called. Tough, physical Big East game with two teams that like to create contact.

TulsaWarrior
02-16-2013, 03:27 PM
I was impressed with DG's passing out of the post. The last few games he got double and tripled teamed and did not pass it out as quickly as he should have causing turnovers. That changed today.

MUMac
02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
I think you are off base. I didn't see much that should have been called. Tough, physical Big East game with two teams that like to create contact.

But. those were the same plays he would get the benefit in the past. Now, I am not claiming that he is getting bad treatment or that they are missing fouls. I honestly do not believe that. I thought he got alot of fouls to go his way with his theatrics in the past. I don't think BuzzWilliams4Pres is off base at all. There was a thread a while back where some of us argued that his theatrics would catch up to him. I think we are seeing that play out now. He will need to adjust.

TheSultan
02-16-2013, 04:24 PM
The theatrics *during* the play...I agree. (The exaggeration of contact, etc.) The theatrics *after* the play...I don't. (pounding the chest)

MUMac
02-16-2013, 04:28 PM
The theatrics *during* the play...I agree. (The exaggeration of contact, etc.) The theatrics *after* the play...I don't. (pounding the chest)

I am with you, as I never considered the pounding of the chest or similar actions to be a potential negative. I would add the theatrics after the play where he did not get the call (growl, flailing of arms ...) are also some of the things that may haunt him.