PDA

View Full Version : Crean message to MUfans

MUWhistler
02-16-2013, 09:17 AM
I am guessing this will be played at the game today. A good message from him and I hope he gets cheers for it from the crowd at the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANsZfk5G8vA

Gato78
02-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Good message. Some of the things he should have said about MU when he left--even if there was some animosity at the time. In his mind, MU would not let him back into the Al and he wanted his recruiting data. Also some financial issues. Then he tried to spin the lack of warning on the departure--really hurt his image. Perhaps he can pull a Kevin O'Neill and let the years erase the bad memories. If he keeps saying good things about MU, like he did in the video, he may have a restoration of his image like O'Neill did.

MUfan12
02-16-2013, 10:09 AM
All it would likely take is an apology for how things ended. But I don't think he's humble enough to do that.

Most, if not all MU fans realize that IU is an elite job, and would have accepted his departure had he handled it better.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I will be very interested to see how this goes over today... Perhaps he shouldn't have used an IU back drop, but regardless nice words, I think time heals all wounds and eventually he will be remembered positively.

2012Warrior
02-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Yea, what's the IU background about? Contractually obligated? Even in his office would be better. Interested to see how this goes over.

Edit to Add: I thought it was a very nice message. He really tried to highlight how special that group of players was and how he really enjoyed those memories.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Are they doing this pre-game or at half time?

Markedman
02-16-2013, 03:59 PM
So they just used part of it used it to play over highlights...never saw the IU background.

MUMac
02-16-2013, 04:24 PM
I was sitting there at halftime and missed his comments. Saw the highlights. Either I was not paying attention or it did not have much of an introduction to it. Stands were fairly empty as well. I am not sure many noticed.

Nukem2
02-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes, the stands did empty quickly....

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Thought it was a lacking tribute, volume was a bit low to hear the comments.

BLT
02-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Thought it was a lacking tribute, volume was a bit low to hear the comments.

It was a weak sauce tribute. Video was ok but we all sat there saying "was that it?" No F4 give away, didn't see any commemorative programs for sale, just cards of current players. I also thought Al's Night was weak, except Buzz's blazer. At game experience has been below par this season, IMO.

MayorBeluga
02-16-2013, 08:04 PM
At game experience has been below par this season, IMO.

An undefeated home court seems pretty good to Hizzoner. Just sayin'...

BLT
02-16-2013, 08:24 PM
An undefeated home court seems pretty good to Hizzoner. Just sayin'...
Lol...yeah the in game experience has been superb...the promotional aspect has been weak. The tribute was barely a tribute...maybe if they created some hype students and fans would actually show up on time. My section was 10% full at tip and 99% full 15 minutes....and it took that long. You would think the in game experience would be enough but...

ziggysfryboy
02-16-2013, 08:25 PM
It was a weak sauce tribute. Video was ok but we all sat there saying "was that it?" No F4 give away, didn't see any commemorative programs for sale, just cards of current players. I also thought Al's Night was weak, except Buzz's blazer. At game experience has been below par this season, IMO.

I was sorta hoping that Buzz's tie would have been down to his knees, as a tribute to our departed coach.

Nukem2
02-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Just awkward with Crean gone and many of the guys still playing. Need to do something at the banquet in April...?

Goose85
02-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Lol...yeah the in game experience has been superb...the promotional aspect has been weak. The tribute was barely a tribute...maybe if they created some hype students and fans would actually show up on time. My section was 10% full at tip and 99% full 15 minutes....and it took that long. You would think the in game experience would be enough but...

Had a grade school basketball game so I got to the game late. As I arrived two bus loads of students just arrived. Line was long to get in and it was because there was only one ticket scanner. Instead of missing first few minutes of the game I missed first ten. How long after tip off do they scale back to one ticket scanner at the front door?

warriorfan4life
02-16-2013, 08:41 PM
I was sorta hoping that Buzz's tie would have been down to his knees, as a tribute to our departed coach.

On flip side, Dixon looked like his dad tied his tie today. Just a tad short.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
It's not even just the beginning of the game, after halftime the place was at the very best 50% empty. It just irritates me that we have a first place team playing a nationally televised game on a weekend against another ranked team and we can't get butts in the seats on time.

kneelb4zerg
02-16-2013, 09:25 PM
People late getting back to their seats after halftime is my all time pet peeve.

MUAlphaBangura
02-17-2013, 11:01 AM
People late getting back to their seats after halftime is my all time pet peeve.
Right there with you kneel, esp. as I sit right next to the courtside club entrance. I have no more patience for people coming back to the arena late. the first 5 min. of the second half is like having obstructed view seating. Get a lot of looks when I'm telling people to "keep it moving!"

Gato78
02-17-2013, 12:40 PM
I generally do not go out to the hallways at half anymore because of this. People must have thought I was rude when I would cut off conversation so I could be back in my seat for the beginning of the 2nd half--present company entirely excepted (as regulars here would be sympatico). Just like AlphaBangura, I miss several plays each game because some wipe thinks it is OK to get in my way of watching the game. I am OK with it for the buy games but BIG EAST games and good OOC games are a different deal.

TedBaxter
02-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I've maintained this for years. Place the ushers at the exits as the half starts and don't let anyone pass from the time the first and second half starts until the first timeout. Announce this in the season tickets packages and during the pregame. We all went through that in high school or at least that was the way it was at mine.

2012Warrior
02-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I think there needs to be something done to give a signal when there's 2 minutes left in halftime or something. I always go visit my parents at half in the hallway and we usually just have to guess when the game is about to start. I don't know if they can flash lights or make some sort of announcement. There may not be a way to do it.

TheSultan
02-17-2013, 01:32 PM
I think there needs to be something done to give a signal when there's 2 minutes left in halftime or something. I always go visit my parents at half in the hallway and we usually just have to guess when the game is about to start. I don't know if they can flash lights or make some sort of announcement. There may not be a way to do it.

At other arenas I have seen the game clock counting down on clocks in the concourses.

CaribouJim
02-17-2013, 01:59 PM
At other arenas I have seen the game clock counting down on clocks in the concourses.

I would like that - I don't want to be late, but I don't want to be too early either in getting back to my seat either.

MUMac
02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Don't they show the BC feed on the tv's in the hallway? If not, and they do not do anything, check your watch before you leave your seats.

IWB
02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
They do show the feed on the TVs in the hallway, but they are so small that it is rarely noticed. I know there are quite a few facilities that flash the lights.

ziggysfryboy
02-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Is there still the loud boom boom boom through the PA before the 2nd half starts. that was our cue, but I don't hear it anymore.

MayorBeluga
02-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Marquette wants people back in their seats. The Bradley Center either doesn't or does not care because they are more concerned with concession revenue. MU would do well to include lights flashing at 2:00 left in the next contract with the BC.

MUMac
02-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Is there still the loud boom boom boom through the PA before the 2nd half starts. that was our cue, but I don't hear it anymore.

Ziggy, we are talking about the Marquette games, not date night with the Mrs.

Litehouse
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
On flip side, Dixon looked like his dad tied his tie today. Just a tad short.

I thought the same thing, that was really short. Dixon and Crean would represent the opposite ends of the tie-length spectrum.