PDA

View Full Version : No one is underrated?

IWB
02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok, here is my daily Irritation about Bleacher Report.....

Today they have a thing with the "Most Underrated Players in the Big East." Not one MU player is listed.

Now I know MU doesn't have any stars, but no one on the pre-season team, no one with any hype at all, yet MU is in first place. If you are in first place with no All-Americans, no All-Big East players, and no one with any national recognition.... how can you not have anybody that is underrated?

Hamostradamus
02-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Bleacher Report is staffed by college kids making lists. Tools.

WarriorsNuffSaid
02-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Agree, Jim. Along those same lines of irritation, how in the world can Seth Davis not have Buzz Williams in his top 20 for 'Coach of the Year' candidate?

Seth's criteria:
Of all the major awards, the Coach of the Year is by definition the least, well, defined. Often times, it goes to the coach whose team has exceeded preseason expectations, but why should someone be rewarded just for proving a bunch of media people wrong? The guys with the most talented players usually don't warrant consideration, even though we all agree that recruiting is the most important part of the job.

I like to find a combination of those two criteria, but I also tend to take a larger view. It takes several years for a coach to build up a program. Sometimes my Coach of the Year vote really goes to someone who is the best Coach of the Last Several Years. It's my ballot and I'll define it how I want to.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130214/hoop-thoughts/#ixzz2KzEtYG3F