PDA

View Full Version : MU vs Pitt

IWB
02-14-2013, 10:11 AM
I know, I know, Bleacher Report is a joke, but I get this stuff in my e-mail every day. Today they rank the top 10 must-see games for this weekend. MU vs Pitt clocks in at #2

10 - Princeton @ Harvard
9 - Oklahoma @ #17 Oklahoma State
8 - San Diego State @ UNLV
7 - Vermont @ Stonybrook
6 - Texas @ #14 Kansas
5 - Virginia @ North Carolina
4 - Missouri @ Arkansas
3 - Detroit @ Valparaiso
2 - #16 Pittsburgh @ #18 Marquette (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1527910-ranking-the-must-see-ncaa-basketball-games-this-weekend/page/11)
1 - #13 Ohio State @ #20 Wisconsin

AlexJesswein
02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Kenpom has it 3rd, by a narrow margin:

http://kenpom.com/fanmatch.php?d=2013-02-16

Goose85
02-14-2013, 11:55 AM
MU is fourth in active home court win streak, and that will be on the line Saturday.
A win would likely keep MU in the top 25 too.

Need a big win on Saturday.

NCAAź Men's Basketball
Division I
Home Court Winning Streak
Through Games 02/13/2013

Rank - Team - Next Game Date - Streak
1 - Syracuse vs Providence - 02/20/2013 - 37
2 - South Dakota St. vs IUPUI - 02/14/2013 - 28
3 - Colorado St. vs New Mexico - 02/23/2013 - 27
4 - Marquette vs Pittsburgh - 02/16/2013 - 22

Nukem2
02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Need to have Davante get back to his form prior to the Flagrant2 call. Buzz addressed that twice on his TV show yesterday saying that he needs to get back to where he was playing 2 weeks ago....

CaribouJim
02-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Need to have Davante get back to his form prior to the Flagrant2 call. Buzz addressed that twice on his TV show yesterday saying that he needs to get back to where he was playing 2 weeks ago....

Everyone is saying it, but Davante really needs to more than tweak his game. He has gotten too predictable. Catches it - starts to dribble - another guy comes in to double - continues to dribble ball gets ball stolen. IMO he needs to make an initial quick move and if it ain't there kick it out - don't force the issue. I know he likes to create a potential 3-point play, but often at the sacrifice of getting an easy 2 points.

I also think he is not getting himself in the right position either and it is not all his fault - seems that he gets it almost on the baseline much more than last year. I realize a lot is due to the added focus on him, but I also think his teammates aren't finding him as well. Too often in the GT game while GT was in zone he was in the high post and there was a big enough seem to get it to him to at least mix it up and if/when he gets double teamed have someone cutting to the basket.

Hopefully things turn around for him and at least CO is getting back the groove he was in before he got injured last year.

Lastly, Davante needs to do a better a job of keeping his cool.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM
I completely agree Caribou, most opposing teams have figured out Davante's game and are getting really physical with him and you can tell that's making him uncomfortable and angry, he needs to keep it together.

MUWhistler
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
I know, I know, Bleacher Report is a joke...

and here is the worst part. CNN has changed over so that when you click on "Sports" from their homepage, it doesn't go to Sports Illustrated anymore, it goes to Bleacher Report. Ugh. Total drop off in terms of quality of news! Can't understand why they made that switch.

TheSultan
02-15-2013, 07:47 AM
and here is the worst part. CNN has changed over so that when you click on "Sports" from their homepage, it doesn't go to Sports Illustrated anymore, it goes to Bleacher Report. Ugh. Total drop off in terms of quality of news! Can't understand why they made that switch.

Because they have to justify the amount of $$ they spent on the site somehow.

MU/Panther
02-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Final push ticket deal in honor of 2003 Final Four team - $10 #mubb ticket v. Pitt plus Wade figurine. http://bit.ly/MUvPitt13