PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tournament Updates

MayorBeluga
03-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Hizzoner will once again be in New York for the Big East Tournament. Posting on a board from my phone seriously drains the battery (get your mind out of the gutter). Therefore I will be providing my usual witty updates and snide observations via twitter, as noted below. I will also make an effort to post more detailed observations on this board at least daily. I will NOT be posting them to either of the other boards. Hey - I guess this means I'm giving IWB an exclusive! Woo hoo! Feel free to shoot questions to me either via twitter or on this board.

PS - to those who have never been to the BET, you have to go. Words cannot describe what it is like.

IWB
03-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Mayor Beluga has become quite the Big East Tournament corespondent over the years, my favorite was this picture of Benny the Bull (I think I lost it on another computer). Mayor, do you still have that one?

Goose85
03-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Look forward to your musings Mayor.

MayorBeluga
03-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Mayor Beluga has become quite the Big East Tournament corespondent over the years, my favorite was this picture of Benny the Bull (I think I lost it on another computer). Mayor, do you still have that one?

Alas, I no longer have it. I will try to get another one this year.

Gato78
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Mayor: Please advise as to the level of trash talk devoted to the Escariot wing of the Conference, ie Pitt, WVU and Syracuse. I realize Syracuse will not get much abuse because they have the intelligent people outnumbered, so I expect Pitt and the Hillrats will be on the receiving end.

IWB
03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I will dig it up somehow Mayor, that was a classic pic as it just looked "wrong". A man in a trench coat with horns coming out of his head looking at a showbill. It was a classic.

MayorBeluga
03-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Hizzoner will, of course, do his best to obtain picture(s) of the Sun Dolls. Giggidy.

IWB
03-02-2012, 09:54 AM
One of the best quotes from C-USA tourneys ever, coming from Fr. Dan's Camera after the amazing USF Sun Dolls, in their first conference tourney appearance ever, caught the male dominated crowd completely off guard.... "There's a lot of brass poles going unused in Tampa tonight!"

CaribouJim
03-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Mayor, I am still debating as to whether or not I will be joining the Twitter world - if I could be assured that the papparazzi would not find out that would reduce my stress significantly.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Cheerleaders... Lots of cheerleaders... I love BE Tournament updates, I always laugh, you've officially got another twitter follower.

Goose85
03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Mayor: Please advise as to the level of trash talk devoted to the Escariot wing of the Conference, ie Pitt, WVU and Syracuse. I realize Syracuse will not get much abuse because they have the intelligent people outnumbered, so I expect Pitt and the Hillrats will be on the receiving end.

"the Escariot wing of the conference" Now that is an awesome line, even in this Lenten season. Classic Gato

MayorBeluga
03-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Talked to the perterbed male of pastiness today. Hizzoner will call IWB'S daily and pass along info that will be posted here (and not on either other board)

Goose85
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
When is the Mayor expected to make his arrival at MSG?

MayorBeluga
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
When is the Mayor expected to make his arrival at MSG?

Hizzoner flies out early Tuesday morning and will arrive at MSG in time for the DePaul Invitational.