PDA

View Full Version : Boeheim publicly calls Andy Katz an idiot...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-13-2013, 10:10 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2013/2/13/3987074/jim-boeheim-andy-katz-idiot-disloyal-feud-press-conference

Would absolutely love to hear the back story on this one...

Awilhelmscream
02-13-2013, 10:13 PM
It's because of Katz's "insider info" leaks on the Bernie Fine situation, Fab Melo situation, and recent Sutherland situation. Katz is a putz and, as much as I hate Boeheim, love how he put him in his place.

kneelb4zerg
02-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Pretty awesome. I'm going to miss Boeheim.

Good luck to Katz dealing with Boeheim going forward in the ACC.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
There are few coaches with enough clout to say something like this to an ESPN guy, if a less established coach does this their school would be real upset because the publicity that ESPN provides is incredibly valuable, but Boeheim is about as established as they come and I'm glad he spoke up if Katz was being a punk.

I guess it really depends on how things went, if Katz was just doing his job then I don't like it, but if he was being an idiot then by all means let him have it.

mufan2003
02-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Two sides to every coin......is Jim Boeheim perturbed that someone keeps digging up his dirty laundry???

kneelb4zerg
02-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Two sides to every coin......is Jim Boeheim perturbed that someone keeps digging up his dirty laundry???
Good point. Boeheim is a bully. Don't like Katz but he's really just doing his job and as he said, he's not employed by Syracuse.

IWB
02-14-2013, 07:37 AM
You always have to wonder about this stuff. Somewhere down the line did Boeheim tell Katz something off the record that he turned around and reported? Doubt anyone will know the real story.

TheSultan
02-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Well, I'm not going to defend Boeheim here. He comes off looking like a complete ass. Just give him a brush off answer and move on. Seriously, given his initial reaction to the Bernie Fine stuff, he comes off as an entitled, untouchable a-hole.

WarriorsNuffSaid
02-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Speaking of Katz, he also said that Kevin Ollie should be the front-runner for Big East coach of the year. Buzz Williams is the front runner! I like Kevin Ollie, and he's doing a great job motivating his kids to play hard even though there will be no post season for them. However, they have a lot a returning talent, i.e. Boatwright & Napier plus they didn't lose 2 BE player of the year candidates. Our record is more impressive including beating UConn.

IWB
02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Here is a bit of an explanation....

@PSchrags: I'm told by "in the know" sources that Katz irked Boeheim by sharing info JB believed was off the record on the air re: James Southerland.

The Orange forward had been suspended indefinitely in January due to academics, but returned against St. John's on Sunday. Katz wrote extensively about Southerland shortly thereafter, saying he "has let down his teammates and the [coaching] staff." He also mentioned on ESPN that Southerland admitted the issue merely concerned two paragraphs in a paper he wrote, per Syracuse.com's Jason Murray.

Katz doesn't seem to care.....

@ESPNAndyKatz response to the press room crowd: last time I checked I wasn't getting paid by Syracuse U

Markedman
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Here is Boeheim's side of the story

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/02/jim_boeheim_explains_what_led.html