PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back, Myck!

MUBasketball
02-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Kabongo returns to the floor for Texas tonight and they beat Iowa State in double OT. Keep winning, Rick!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
I honestly don't think Rick Barnes is going to get fired regardless of what happens this year, he has been so good for so long that he is owed an off year. Now if he does it again next year that's a whole different story, then I think folks need to be scared. Texas has shown restraint and loyalty before, don't forget that Mac Brown had some rough years and they are sticking with him.

kneelb4zerg
02-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Rick Barnes is a shitty coach, but he's been a shitty coach for a while. He should get a pass for this year at least.

warriorfan4life
02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Rick Barnes is a shitty coach, but he's been a shitty coach for a while. He should get a pass for this year at least.

I think some of that is overstated as well. His teams are almost always good on D, and Texas had very little history before he took over there. This year is probably a lost cause, but I think they potentially make a run in the Big 12 tournament and maybe even steal a bid (if Kabongo can ignite O, their D is good enough to beat anyone)

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-13-2013, 11:23 PM
He may be a shitty coach but he recruits well and has quite a record of getting his teams into the NCAA year after year. This will be his first miss in over a decade I believe... That's pretty damn impressive.

Goose85
02-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Texas is tied with the fourth longest consecutive NCAA streak of 14, all of which were Barnes led teams. I would think one down year won't cost him his job.
Interestingly enough, Wisconsin is also at 14 going back to the Bennett days.

Gato78
02-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Rick Barnes has great talent that does not play defense.