PDA

View Full Version : Big East tournament tickets

MUBasketball
02-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Will be going to the Big East tournament for the first time next month. My main concern is tickets. For anybody that has gone in the past, did you scalp? Get tickets through the school? Then, if you got tickets through the school, were they only for MU's games/sessions? Or, tickets for the entire tournament?

Looking for any advice from those with first-hand experience.

beerhere6
02-13-2013, 06:52 AM
I've gone the last 2 years, 1st year straight Stub Hub, last year bought through MU. When you buy through MU, you receive all sessions. Positives and negatives to both, but I preferred going thru MU... Yes, I ate a few early sessions I couldn't make, seats were OK, not the greatest, but it was nice not having to worry about where the next ticket was coming from. The Louisville/Cincy final wasn't the most electric, but we were there.

Stub Hub was decent the first year we went, since MU was I believe an 11 seed. Early round tix were dirt cheap, but going through them, you're at the mercy of the market, and my experience has been that Syracuse pretty much drives that market. I will say, their storefront a few blocks north of MSG was a decent process, but again, you never know what you'll get based on the matchup. I wouldn't recommend buying off the street- I've heard some stories about conterfeit tix, etc... although I'm sure posters here have had some luck going that route.

If you're going for the duration and want to get the full experience of the Friday semis and Sat Final- go thru MU (if you still can). Just my $0.02- hope that helps..

IWB
02-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Remember that with this being the last year of Syracuse, Pitt & possibly others, expect the stub hub & scalper prices to be higher this year.

MUBasketball
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Very helpful, thanks for the feedback. Any idea what you spent on the all-session pass through MU? I haven't checked with the school yet, so not even sure if that's a possibility at this point.

Anybody else go in the past? Looking for more feedback!

MayorBeluga
02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Since Hizzoner cannot go this season, please do him one favor: have a Guinness and Irish whiskey at the Perfect Pint on 45th just off Times Square.

MUAlphaBangura
02-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Since Hizzoner cannot go this season, please do him one favor: have a Guinness and Irish whiskey at the Perfect Pint on 45th just off Times Square.
Somehow, the Mayor seems to become a regular at these establishments, regardless of the city.
If you do stop, probably best not to mention the Mayor's name.

MayorBeluga
02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Somehow, the Mayor seems to become a regular at these establishments, regardless of the city.
If you do stop, probably best not to mention the Mayor's name.

Geez. You "accidentally" run out on seven or eight bar bills and people think it's a trend.