PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Things in Perspective

mufan2003
02-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Remember 1/8/2013: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=330080046

Georgetown loses by 28 @ home to Pittsburgh after losing to MU at the BC. Georgetown starts conference play 0-2. I can only imagine what their fan base was saying? MU loses last night by 8 on the road to a top 15 team seeking revenge and some start saying we really are not that good? There has to be a reason Vander Blue said this is the deepest MU team in his 3 years at MU and the potential to be the best.

So MU is not a great shooting team, fine, but they can make the open 3 enough to keep defenses honest. 8-3 with losses @Cincy, @Louisville, and @Georgetown are all losses that are not inexcusable. All 3 losses were to ranked teams. I guess it is just human nature for fan bases to criticize their own teams without putting into perspective some losses of other ranked teams. Kansas losing @TCU, or the fact Kansas lost 3 in a row. When is the last time MU lost 3 in a row? Lets go get Pitt on Saturday!

Goose85
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
One part of last nights game watching experience that I did enjoy was the announcers discussing how MU has been the one team with an over .500 record in the Big East since joining.

They also indicated that MU has the longest active NCAA tourney appearance streak of any team in the Big East (7 years) and only had one year of less than double digit wins in conference.

Markedman
02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Actually it is .500 or better....we did have one year when were 9-9 but the point still stands.

One part of last nights game watching experience that I did enjoy was the announcers discussing how MU has been the one team with an over .500 record in the Big East since joining.

They also indicated that MU has the longest active NCAA tourney appearance streak of any team in the Big East (7 years) and only had one year of less than double digit wins in conference.