PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's game....

IWB
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
The list of McDonald's All-American finalists has been out for a while now, but with the team being named later this week, I am curious as to what MU's chances are...Johnson? Wilson? Burton?

While those three are all finalists, I am surprised that Dawson is not. Nominations are by state, and there are three nominated from New Mexico, none of which are John Dawson. Wisconsin has six nominations which I think is a little much. Nominated from Wisconsin are Burton, Wilson, Matt Thomas, Bronson Koenig, Nick Fuller, Luke Fischer and Luke Worthington. Personally I don't think Worthington or Fuller are in the same category as the other five, but they were nominated.

What kills me year after year after year is the state of Iowa. Every dang year about every senior in the state is nominated. This year? 34 players nominated from the state of Iowa, 25 on the girls side.

Look at it by neighboring states....

<colgroup><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
State

Population
Boys

Girls

Illinois
12.8 million

Indiana
6.5 million

Michigan
9.8 million

Minnesota
5.3 million

Wisconsin
5.7 million

Iowa
3.0 million

</tbody>

TedBaxter
02-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Another player from New Mexico not listed is Cullen Neal and his ommision suprises me more since he's an Albuquerque kid and his dad is a University of New Mexico assistant.

GOMU1104
02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Who does the nominating?

TheSultan
02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Who does the nominating?

Apparently members of the Iowa Coaches Association.

IWB
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I know I looked it up a few years ago, I think you have to be nominated by two different coaches (not your own). Not sure, but I remember reading something like that.