PDA

View Full Version : Play pickup against Crowder for $400 or golf with Wes Matthews for $500!

dw3dw3dw3
02-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Both of the former stars dads are selling their services on the new website Thuzio from Tiki Barber...
http://www.thuzio.com/all/basketball/corey-crowder.html
http://www.thuzio.com/all/basketball/wes-matthews-sr.html

Sam Worthen also available
http://www.thuzio.com/all/basketball/sam-worthen.html

Other former local notables include Dale Ellis ($99 for a phone call), Anthony Mason ($2,000 to attend your birthday party), Gary Payton ($2,500 for lunch)

IWB you should copy this site for the Milwaukee market. Not a bad idea especially once the market starts to normalize some of the outrageous prices.

Mucrisco
02-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I would want Anthony Mason or Gary Payton pay me if they wanted to meet me. Otherwise, no thanks.

ziggysfryboy
02-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Hacksaw Jim Duggan used to do parties and such for $500 + airfare. I'm still pissed my best man didn't pony up for my bachelor party.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-10-2013, 08:16 PM
There is a ton of B list athletes on this site that make me laugh...

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Damn...Dale Ellis charges $99 for a phone call? I'd rather spend $2.99 per minute.

dw3dw3dw3
02-10-2013, 08:38 PM
There is a ton of B list athletes on this site that make me laugh...
Almost all of these guys are barely D list worthy.
Grantland wrote up a nice summary.. Closest to B list I would have to say are Kerri Strug (Psuedo Olympic Hero), Lawrence Taylor/Isiah Thomas (HOFers with questionable post-playing careers), Eric Dickerson, and Larry Holmes.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8930154/tiki-barber-thuzio-service-connects-fans-their-favorite-athletes-price

IWB
02-11-2013, 07:51 AM
There are some good names in there.

Careful of Keith Hernandez, he might ask you to help him move.

Takeru Kobayashi? No way am I buying that guy dinner.

Can't believe that Steve Lavin is in there, as is Gene Keady - is Keady still on Lavin's staff?

MUMac
02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Please tell me this is a joke. No one would really pay for this stuff, would they?

IWB
02-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Its big money Mac - some of the prices seem a bit out of hand, but if you are a huge fan of one particular team, say the Saints, and you could get Willie Roaf to come to your birthday party? Stuff like that - I can easily see a market for it.

Corporate outings - If a company in Detroit can have someone like Isaiah Thomas come to your outing, hang with your clients, tell stories and take pictures? Might be totally worth it.

TheSultan
02-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Yeah, honestly I can see this kind of stuff really doing well. And what a business model. Just stick up a web-site, get a bunch of D-list guys to sign up, and take a 10-20% cut.

MayorBeluga
02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
How long until IWB creates his own version of this? Gato could attend your corporate outing for a mere $5. Caribou could bartend your daughter's sorority event for $25 (OK, he might be willing to pay you for that). IWb could go on a classic rant for $200. Personally, Hizzoner would be willing to pay $50 to guarantee Fr. Dan's Camera was not invited to an event.

IWB
02-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Ok, let's lay it out here.....

Think of the former MU players in this area as I doubt anyone is going to fly people in.

So, how much would you pay to have the following players dine with you?

Tier 1 - Premier players
Jimmy Butler -
Lazar Hayward -
Wesley Matthews -
Travis Diener -
Steve Novak -

Tier 2 - players in close range back to 2000
Dwight Burke -
David Cubillan -
Jerel McNeal -
Maurice Acker -
Trend Blackledge -
Dan Fitzgerald -
Mike Kinsella -
Joe Chapman -
Chris Grimm -
Marcus Jackson -
Todd Townsend -
Terry Sanders -
Scott Merritt -
Robert Jackson -
Cordell Henry -
John Mueller -
Brian Barone -
Brian Wardle -
John Cliff -

Tier 3 - Throwback
George Thompson -
Jim McIlvaine -
Tony Smith -
Earl Tatum -
Dave Delsman -
Dean Marquardt -
Bill Neary -

Gato78
02-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Perhaps $100 to ensure the Mayor does NOT show up at Irish Fest in a kilt. Would probably be many, many takers.

How long until IWB creates his own version of this? Gato could attend your corporate outing for a mere $5. Caribou could bartend your daughter's sorority event for $25 (OK, he might be willing to pay you for that). IWb could go on a classic rant for $200. Personally, Hizzoner would be willing to pay $50 to guarantee Fr. Dan's Camera was not invited to an event.

MayorBeluga
02-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Perhaps $100 to ensure the Mayor does NOT show up at Irish Fest in a kilt. Would probably be many, many takers.

Jealousy is an ugly thing, unlike a kilted Mayor.