PDA

View Full Version : "Hey" song controversy continues

Gato78
02-09-2013, 05:48 PM
So after all the controversy, they play the "Hey" song today. Students never louder. Anyone know who they were pointing at? Larry I assume. Will the band director still be the band director next week?

MayorBeluga
02-09-2013, 05:54 PM
LW gave students a chance. Students, being students, declined. Song will not be played next week. Might have been simpler to just stop playing it without the email from LW.

TheSultan
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
LW gave students a chance. Students, being students, declined. Song will not be played next week. Might have been simpler to just stop playing it without the email from LW.

Yep. That's what I would have done.

Mucrisco
02-09-2013, 09:36 PM
That's what anyone would have done. What are they thinking? I thought the cheer was old and tired. Now, after sending that e-mail AND playing the song again, I have a renewed interest. I was actually entertained. Now I hope the students all bring kazoos so they can do the song themselves.

MU/Panther
02-09-2013, 10:41 PM
So after all the controversy, they play the "Hey" song today. Students never louder. Anyone know who they were pointing at? Larry I assume. Will the band director still be the band director next week?The students were pointing at the DePaul fans in section 425.

GOMU1104
02-10-2013, 07:40 AM
My roommate is a huge Maryland fan. I told him about LW trying to stop the song. He said they did the same thing at Maryland...only to have the students sing it acapella right after the opening tip. He said for big games it gets pretty loud.