PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tournement Seeding

MayorBeluga
03-01-2012, 10:53 AM
If MU wins Saturday, we are guaranteed the #2 seed, which means we play the first game on Thursday evening. We would be the sole team with 4 losses in Big East play, finishing ahead of ND, G'town, USF, etc. I saw elsewhere that L'ville is locked into the #7 seed with last night's loss. I have not verified this, but if so, we would likely face the Crads* Thursday (I am assuming they win the 7 v. 10/15 game).

If MU loses, we likely are the #4 seed, which means we play the 2nd game of the afternoon session Thursday. We would be tied with G'town, which would own the tiebreaker based on 2-0 head to head. We likely would be tied with ND (I assume ND will beat Providence) and we lose the tiebreaker with them. As the #4 seed, we would likely face the #5 seed, which is not yet determined. BTW, 5 plays the winner of the 12/13 game, so theoretically we could be playing 12/13 in that game.

--------------------------------------------
* Years ago at the C-USA tournament, the UL cheerleaders would spell out "CARDS" with giant flags. Well, one year there was a typo (flag-o?) and they have remained the Crads to this day to those in attendance. Fr. Dan's Camera can confirm the story, assuming you deem him credible.

Goose85
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Similar instance long ago when I was at a DePaul game. Cheerleader had the l and u reversed for DePalu and of often refer to them as DePalu. Difference is they weren't holding cards, they were yelling over a bull horn. What does it spell, many just automatically said DePaul, when plenty were laughing and said DePalu.