PDA

View Full Version : MU vs South Florida....

IWB
02-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Don't forget, 7:00 start time is Eastern - game starts at 6:00 on ESPN 2

TedBaxter
02-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Big game tonight for MU. Gotta win some road games in the conference and need to rebound after Sunday's loss. Never easy to win in Tampa.

IWB
02-06-2013, 04:05 PM
USF is always tough down there. I know a few have been there before, what is the atmosphere? Aside from the Sun Dolls of course as we know they can be distracting.

MUBasketball
02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
USF is always tough down there. I know a few have been there before, what is the atmosphere? Aside from the Sun Dolls of course as we know they can be distracting.

I'm down here, convenient timing of a work trip. Pregaming right outside campus, will report back later.

P.S. NEVER play well here. Will be thrilled with a win. GTown didn't win here, and Cuse & ND barely escaped.

MayorBeluga
02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
P.S. NEVER play well here. Will be thrilled with a win. GTown didn't win here, and Cuse & ND barely escaped.

Well there was the Dane-coached team that destroyed USF down there, giving rise to Seth Greenberg's "some days you're the dog. Today we were the tree" quote. I think Chris Crawford was a senior and had a monster game.

Other than that, just win baby!

Correction - Deane coached team. Hizzoner does not know whether any of his ancestors came from Denmark.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-06-2013, 05:07 PM
I would imagine the weather has something to do with teams struggling down there, these guys come from the freezing cold northern temps to the temps in the 70's and 80's and id imagine they lose a bit of focus and soak up the sun for the short time they are there.

MUAlphaBangura
02-06-2013, 05:24 PM

There truly is NO atmosphere in the Sun Dome. Been down there several times. Was there when we lost with Dom, Wes and Jerel as seniors(9-0 record going in). So it is not the tough atmosphere that needs to be overcome. It's not a deep end zone type of facility that causes shooting problems. Minimal student participation in the past (can't speak for this season). Have to believe it is a focus problem as it is a welcome change weather-wise for the kids which can always be a distraction. Need to keep our focus and get this win. Can't let it come down to a one possession game at the end as we all know our luck with those.

MUBasketball
02-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Odd, they already have the new Big East banners up...and no Cuse or Pitt.

TulsaWarrior
02-06-2013, 05:40 PM
FYI, guys out here in the Pacific time zone the game starts at 4 PM. ;-(

IWB
02-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Tulsa - Juan's mom already put that on Facebook, so maybe you can go back and forth with her during the game since you guys are a couple of hours behind. :)

Hamostradamus
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Wow. Mayo damn near outscores the team. Glad he is getting it done in the classroom.

milkbone
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Heck of a 1st half for Todd!!!!!!!!!!!

lougrant
02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Ca-dough-gan (as Mike Patrick would say), is playing well, too.

mufansince72
02-06-2013, 07:01 PM
I know you probably all don't agree, but I like the way Mike Patrick calls a game, even with the name issues.

IWB
02-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Ca-dough-gan (as Mike Patrick would say), is playing well, too.

I will take credit for the correction....thanks to Scott Kuykendall.

CaribouJim
02-06-2013, 08:37 PM
I know you probably all don't agree, but I like the way Mike Patrick calls a game, even with the name issues.

His voice brings back memories of the infancy of ESPN and their coverage of college b-ball and the BE in particular. I'll grant you that, but he is dreadful on following the game IMO.

DCwarrior
02-06-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm usually never impressed with him, but I actually though Laphonso Ellis did a good job tonight doing the color. He's called enough MU games now that he's very familiar with the team and the players.

TulsaWarrior
02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I liked Dan Dakich comment t half time, "Buzz Williams has taken the Marquette program to the next level after taking over from Tom Crean."

pbiflyer
02-06-2013, 09:41 PM
I looked up with about 4 minutes left in the game. At that point, if we didn't score a single point in the 2nd half, we still would have been up by 4! Nice dominating win.

MUAlphaBangura
02-07-2013, 07:44 AM
I liked Dan Dakich comment t half time, "Buzz Williams has taken the Marquette program to the next level after taking over from Tom Crean."
I generally like Dakich, but I'm calling BS on one of his halftime comments. Said he talked to the MU coaches when he was doing the MU vs UW game (Dec. 6th?) and they said Todd was going to be a major factor by the end of the season. Really??? I would bet, on Dec. 6th, the coaches had no idea if Todd would even be enrolled in classes the 2nd semester yet alone being a factor on the team.

IWB
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Good call Bangura!

Goose85
02-07-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm usually never impressed with him, but I actually though Laphonso Ellis did a good job tonight doing the color. He's called enough MU games now that he's very familiar with the team and the players.

I think he also had MU v. USF round 1 so he probably didn't have to do much prep work for this one.