PDA

View Full Version : Another local media Irritation...

IWB
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Ok, here is another local media Irritation.....

Listening to a local station this morning (no, not a sports station, but they do a lot of sports talk) and they are reading off the news. When it comes to sports....

"Marquette fell out of the Top 25 Coaches poll after falling to Louisville over the weekend. The Golden Eagles travel to South Florida for Wednesday night's game."

Hmmm....couldn't they have read.....

"Marquette moved up to #24 in the AP Poll yesterday and travel to South Florida for a Wednesday night's game."

Again, not a big deal, but why not focus on the positive (AP Poll) instead of the negative (Coaches Poll)?

MU_Iceman
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Listening to a local station this morning (no, not a sports station, but they do a lot of sports talk) and they are reading off the news. When it comes to sports....

"Marquette fell out of the Top 25 Coaches poll after falling to Louisville over the weekend. The Golden Eagles travel to South Florida for Wednesday night's game."

"Marquette moved up to #24 in the AP Poll yesterday and travel to South Florida for a Wednesday night's game."

Again, not a big deal, but why not focus on the positive (AP Poll) instead of the negative (Coaches Poll)?

It's funny you mention that IWB, I know which station you are referring to, and I thought EXACTLY the same thing...I thought "why no mention of them being #24 in the AP"??

mufansince72
02-05-2013, 11:22 AM

Why not mention them both. "MU moved up to 24th in the AP poll but slipped in the coaches poll after a loss to Louisville over the weekend".

lougrant
02-05-2013, 11:50 AM
MU seems like an island in Wisconsin, surrounded by an ugly, ignorant sea of red.

MayorBeluga
02-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Hmm. Can't help but notice that IWB did not mention which station. Maybe he could be badgered into it?

Goose85
02-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Why not mention them both. "MU moved up to 24th in the AP poll but slipped in the coaches poll after a loss to Louisville over the weekend".

I'm sure they followed up the MU news with ...
"Wisconsin, who finally scored over 50 points against Illinois after three games in the 40's, will face Iowa at home on Wednesday night.

IWB
02-05-2013, 01:15 PM
The Hog 102.9

IrwinFletcher
02-05-2013, 03:59 PM
The Hog 102.9

Really?

The Hog?

MU_Iceman
02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Really?

The Hog?

Yep...that's who it was...Eric Jensen does their sports, he's Bob and Brian's producer and also does Bucks PA.

Father Dan's Camera
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Pretty sure Eric went to Marquette so I don't know if there was any intent, chances are he was simply reading the poll in the paper. Don't know for sure but that would be my guess

IWB
02-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I know he went to MU, but whether someone wrote it or he read it, it does 't change it.