PDA

View Full Version : Moving Forward...

bleedbluegold03
02-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Can anyone make a argument for Wilson to get more minutes than Mayo?

Today Wilson played 21 minutes to Mayo's 11. This team needs another scoring threat and we've seen Mayo excel in the Point Guard role last year. I get with Blue's (and to a lesser extent Lockett's) recent play that it's hard for him to get minutes as a 2-3, but Mayo has to be inserted in a larger role for the remainder of the season.

Wilson, while a sub that will not make many mistakes, doesn't provide enough positively to warrant playing time over Todd Mayo, who we've all seen to be a potential impact player in this conference.

Clearly something is up with Mayo, right?

kneelb4zerg
02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
When was Mayo a point guard?

At this point we need one or the other to step up. But they bring different things to the table so I'm not sure you could compare.

Blue is playing so well, not sure where Mayos minutes come from.

TheSultan
02-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Regardless, Wilson really has been an enigma. He looked like he turned a corner, but has had back to back just terrible games.

kneelb4zerg
02-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah Wilson is driving me nuts. Don't get it.

MUMac
02-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Just so I am on the same page, which Wilson are we talking about? I thought the OP was speaking of Derrick, but it seems others may be speaking of Jamil.

kneelb4zerg
02-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Just so I am on the same page, which Wilson are we talking about? I thought the OP was speaking of Derrick, but it seems others may be speaking of Jamil.

Ok that makes more sense. Thought he meant J Wilson.

Markedman
02-03-2013, 07:52 PM
When did Mayo "excell in the point guard role" last season?

When Junior didn't play against UW Wilson and Blue handled the point. I don't recall Mayo ever playing the point much less excelling there.

TheSultan
02-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Oh...my assumption is that he was talking about Jamil. But he obviously was talking about Derrick. Yeah, I don't think Mayo is a point guard.

bleedbluegold03
02-03-2013, 08:29 PM
am I the only one remembering Mayo on with Blue and DJO for moments last season?

IIRC Blue and Mayo shared the PG responsibilities as quasi 1.5s

bleedbluegold03
02-03-2013, 08:30 PM
And I was speaking to Derrick Wilson, sorry for the lack of clarity!

TheSultan
02-03-2013, 08:37 PM
am I the only one remembering Mayo on with Blue and DJO for moments last season?

IIRC Blue and Mayo shared the PG responsibilities as quasi 1.5s

Not all that often. Maybe just spot duty here and there.