PDA

View Full Version : 'Ville-Quette GAME THREAD

bleedbluegold03
02-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Strong start for the boys in blue.

Shout out to the big Papa right behind Bilas and via his twitter account seems like stud JuJuan Johnson is in the house as well.

RE: the actual game, seems like the refs are allowing a very physical game (aside from that bail job by Siva and Gardner)

MUMac
02-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Strong start for the boys in blue.

Shout out to the big Papa right behind Bilas and via his twitter account seems like stud JuJuan Johnson is in the house as well.

RE: the actual game, seems like the refs are allowing a very physical game (aside from that bail job by Siva and Gardner)

That is how Cahill does it. I was concerned to see him on the floor today.

Jamil picked up another cheap foul as well. He really needs to stay away from the hands on the body.

MUMac
02-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Marquette needs to do a better job on the defensive glass. Louisville will miss, you just can't let them clean up the garbage.

DCwarrior
02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Marquette needs to do a better job on the defensive glass. Louisville will miss, you just can't let them clean up the garbage.

We're getting crushed on the boards

mutpm
02-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Louisville has 9 of the 12 rebounds on their misses. This may get really ugly with Juan and Gardner in foul trouble.

MUMac
02-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Nice start, but then a horrible half. Marquette looks slow compared to Louisville. Very slow. Rebounding has been horrible. Marquette, for the most part, handled the press. It was sloppy and careless passing in the front court, that gave Louisville the run.

Lockett has looked good. MU can come back in the 2nd half. Just need to tighten the interior D, rebound and take care of the ball on the offensive end. It sounds easy, but MU did not adjust in the first half.

Nukem2
02-03-2013, 01:57 PM
The bogus foul on Davante at the 10:13 mark was the turning point. MU was up 16-12 at that point. Ville had 3 offensive rebounds and scored on the ensuing possession...the floodgates were open and we were out scored 26-8 after Davante's second foul and he went to the bench.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Wondering how long Buzz is going to keep Davante on the bench with only 2 fouls? I can see sitting him the entire half with 3 fouls but the game is getting out of control---shouldve got Ox in there Buzzy boy.

lj854
02-03-2013, 01:58 PM
The bogus foul on Davante at the 10:13 mark was the turning point. MU was up 16-12 at that point. Ville had 3 offensive rebounds and scored on the ensuing possession...the floodgates were open and we were out scored 26-8 after Davante's second foul and he went to the bench.

Bingo. To think they make that call on Davante and then let Louisville get away with murder on the press is problematic to say the least.

MUMac
02-03-2013, 02:00 PM
While it was a flop, Gardner played right into Louisville's hand on that play. He is going one on one and Louisville waited for the chance to flop, as they knew he would not give it up and what he would do with the ball. He should have given it up and reset. I credit Louisville on that.

Buzz was beside himself, though, when they allowed the push off against Wilson on the other end. If you call the foul on Gardner, that play has to be a foul as well.

Markedman
02-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Can't put it all on Gardner.....Louisville ratched up the D, pounded us on the glass.....pretty ugly stuff again against a top 10 team on the road. Didn't expect a win today but at least execute and compete....

Bigger and quicker is tough to overcome.

We also played dumb....Otule goes for a pump fake from Dieng 20 feet from the basket? Derrick takes it to the rim against Dieng? Multiple turnovers leading to run outs on inbound plays.......

bleedbluegold03
02-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Some of the calls thus far have been deplorable

That being said, buzz had to have told davante going in to the game that Ville would be looking to draw that after the last week. Unfortunately, I think that'll drastically change his play for the second half

Nukem2
02-03-2013, 02:05 PM
This team has really struggled in the first half on the road this year except for the Pitt game.....Florida, UW-GB, Cincy and now 'Ville......hopefully our guys can get things turned around in the 2nd half.

DCwarrior
02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Game over. Just hope they can make the score respectable.

mutpm
02-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Some of the calls thus far have been deplorable

That being said, buzz had to have told davante going in to the game that Ville would be looking to draw that after the last week. Unfortunately, I think that'll drastically change his play for the second half
I wish the refs were to blame. MU is just being embarrassed by Louisville. Louisville wants it more and is proving it on the court.

TheSultan
02-03-2013, 02:33 PM
I just don't think MU has the horses to play against a team like this right now. We don't have enough on the offensive end of the floor.