PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Beating 'Ville

bleedbluegold03
02-03-2013, 11:16 AM
1. Jamil shows up in the first half and doesn't give his customary 2-3 fouls and handful of turnovers

2. Junior stays even with Siva. Siva can play recklessly at times and hopefully he doesn't blow by Junior defensively

3. Make a few early 3s. Hopefully we can keep the dogs at bay with the zone defense. If we start cold from three, they can lean back on a deep zone and if blue/JC aren't driving, it'll be a looong day

Nukem2
02-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Minimizing turnovers and keeping Siva out of the lane are the keys.

MUMac
02-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I said in another thread that I think the key is how Junior (MU) handles the press. They can't turn the ball over as they did in the Garden last year. Take care of the ball and I like MU's chances.

MUAlphaBangura
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I said in another thread that I think the key is how Junior (MU) handles the press. They can't turn the ball over as they did in the Garden last year. Take care of the ball and I like MU's chances.

This may be where your 1st point comes into play. We need Jamil on the court for many reasons, one of which he is capable of handling the ball to help relieve Junior of pressure from Louisville's guards. If we can take care of the ball against their pressure, we can be there at the end with a chance to win.

DCwarrior
02-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Avoid turnovers and make some outside shots and we'll have a decent chance

MUMac
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Really hate seeing Cahill officiating. He will allow Louisville to hack and hack, while calling touch fouls. Plus, he feels he is the most important person in the arena.

MUMac
02-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Well, number 1 certainly has not happened. Jamil has not shown up thus far. I did not understand his passing up the 3 with the shot clock running down and passing the ball way out to Junior for a long 3.