PDA

View Full Version : Kansas's home court winning streak comes to an end

MU_Iceman
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
At 33...lost today to Oklahoma State. MU moves up a notch on the longest home court winning streaks.

Markedman
02-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Down goes Southern Miss.......

be69
02-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Kansas played at Oklahoma.

be69
02-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Errr... Wanted to say lost at OK today. No top ranked team wants to win.

Markedman
02-09-2013, 05:56 PM
This in an old thread that I bumped because Southern Miss lost today.....When Iceman posted this it was when KU lost at home.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Marquette's streak up to 4th...

Syracuse -- 36 games
South Dakota State -- 28 games
Colorado State -- 26 games
Marquette -- 22 games

Markedman
02-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Gets tough now though...Pitt....Cuse and ND......

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-09-2013, 07:03 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say that if MU finishes the season unbeaten at home they will also win a conference championship this year. That being said I don't see it happening.

kneelb4zerg
02-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Pitt might be the best team in this conference. Impressive performance at Cincy.

Markedman
02-09-2013, 07:29 PM
I think louisville is the best but yeah Pitt was good today....Should be a great game on Saturday. They will want revenge for MU winning at the Pete. Has Pitt ever won at the BC? Seems like we always have found a way to win against them at home.

kneelb4zerg
02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
People are sleeping on Pitt because they slipped up a bit at the beginning of conference play. I think they are the best team.

MUMac
02-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I still think Louisville is the best team. Pitt is good, but Louisville is better.

kneelb4zerg
02-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I should rephrase. I think they are on the same elite level as Louisville and Syracuse. Hard to say who is better.

MU_Iceman
02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I should rephrase. I think they are on the same elite level as Louisville and Syracuse. Hard to say who is better.

So here you all are debating, who the best team in the BE is, and yet...none of them lead the Big East currently. Perhaps, THAT's the best team?? I'm just sayin.

TheSultan
02-09-2013, 08:15 PM
So here you all are debating, who the best team in the BE is, and yet...none of them lead the Big East currently. Perhaps, THAT's the best team?? I'm just sayin.

I will me more supportive of that suggestion if the team that is leading now is leading in another week.

kneelb4zerg
02-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm not trying to talk down Marquette, just that I think Pitt is really good. All the better for MU that we beat them in their house.

I don't think we are as good as Syracuse/Louisville/Pitt but that doesn't mean we won't finish ahead of some or all of those teams in the standings.

MUMac
02-09-2013, 08:24 PM

I should also rephrase, that mine is contingent on Louisville's offense and how the officials call the game. They have a great defense, but tonight their O is MIA. It seemed they hit every 3 last week and missing every 3 tonight.

CaribouJim
02-09-2013, 08:29 PM
I think louisville is the best but yeah Pitt was good today....Should be a great game on Saturday. They will want revenge for MU winning at the Pete. Has Pitt ever won at the BC? Seems like we always have found a way to win against them at home.

Agreed - Pitt has turned things around, but 'Ville has all the pieces to make a long run in the NCAA's - I don't fear Pitt, but I do 'Ville.

kneelb4zerg
02-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I fear Pitt because we play them again!!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I've thought Syracuse was the best team in the Big East since preseason and nothing has changed that. Siva has the same inconsistency issues Junior has and I'm just not convinced they have enough options to score in the clutch (see Russ Smith yesterday). Pitt has a deep team of HM players, but who will get the big basket? Like Marquette, they really don't have a go-to-guy, but MU has had the advantage of seeing Blue and Gardner emerge in that role.

Syracuse is tied atop the league and has a glut of guys that can get that key basket. Triche, Fair, Southerland, MCW, and even Jerami Grant (to a lesser extent) have shown the ability to step up when needed. Their only negative is they lack depth, especially compared to other 'Cuse teams. But that's a team full of future NBA players with National Championship potential. Why anyone would look past them at Pitt and Louisville is beyond me.