PDA

View Full Version : media availability ?

kneelb4zerg
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
I saw on twitter that DG was one of the available players for media today. It got me thinking who decides what players are made available and what is the thought process behind it? I'm guessing that it is Buzz's call and he wanted to put Davante out there in light of his ejection on Monday.

GOMU1104
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Not knowing the specifics of MU's straegy, but knowing what I know about the field as a whole, I'm willing to bet it a collaborative effort between Broeker and Buzz. That process is probably similar at every college Sports Info Dept.

The pros are a whole different ballgame....

IWB
02-01-2013, 06:23 PM
No, there is not much to it. It is usually a player coming off of a big game, some special meaning behind it, and not really a Broeker/Buzz decision, Kuykendall is the one that makes the call, usually based on what the best story will be. Believe it or not, when it is at a time like it was today, it is usually 'who can be there by that time'.

With it being Davante & Lockett it is probably because Lockett has been playing very well and Davante is coming off of the suspension.

Sorry I couldn't be there, had to coach a practice this afternoon.