PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler puts up 18 points, 6 rebounds vs Bucks - Video....

IWB
01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
Last night Jimmy Butler returned to the Bradley Center and led the Chicago Bulls past the Milwaukee Bucks with 18 points and 6 rebounds. After the game the rising Chicago Bulls star spoke about his experience at Marquette (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?531-Former-Marquette-star-Jimmy-Butler-returns)

TheSultan
01-31-2013, 08:20 AM
This is a really great read and video. Interesting that his career at MU and at the Bulls have been very similar. Started slowly...just easing into things...doing a lot of little things right. And in year two, he just takes off. He is going to be playing in the league a long time.

MUMac
01-31-2013, 08:44 AM
I agree Sultan, that was well worth the time to listen. Really nice to see the success he has had and how he credits others for his success. Always humble.

IWB
01-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys - Honestly, it was crazy. I was standing in one of the tunnels as the game came to an end. As the Bulls fans were filing out, there was one guy, probably mid-late 30s, yelling to his friend, "DID YOU SEE THAT!! DID YOU SEE THAT?? I yelled great game to Jimmy Butler and he winked at me! I'm not kidding! Right there!" Then he turns to other random Bulls fans, "JIMMY BUTLER JUST WINKED AT ME!!! I yelled great game and he looked at me and winked!"

Maybe its just me and I have been around MU players as well as pro athletes so much, but in my head all I could think was, "Wow - dude get a hold of yourself, its Jimmy Butler."

Bulls fans freaking love the guy.

Anyway, he said he was headed up to campus afterwards to do some things, I imagine he was off to sign some things for MU and hang out with his guys for a bit.

Tmreddevil
01-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Sam Smith had a lot of nice things to say about Jimmy in his write-up of the Bobcats game a few nights ago:

http://blogs.bulls.com/2013/01/bulls-dodge-bobcats-bite-this-time/

And yes, Bulls fans do love Jimmy. Everyone at work knows how much I was cheering for him to succeed, now they are all impressed with how strongly he has been playing.

Markedman
01-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Hope he comes to the BC for the MU Pitt game over the all star break. I know he might go back to Houston since it's home and the All star game is there this year but I always look forward to seeing MU NBA guys back at the BC over the break.

pbiflyer
01-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Last year, he showed up for a post game meeting with MU alum in Miami, after a tough loss. He was gracious and patient with everyone (I didn't go, but my wife and kids did).

IWB
02-01-2013, 10:29 PM
A couple of comments on the Jimmy video as my kids just watched it....

When Jimmy said that Marquette was doing well, "against the Floridas, the USCs, the Dukes....it was because in his sight-line behind me were Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson and Loul Deng. At one point Deng photo bombs the video as he walks past and back chewing food, and then you could see Jimmy laughing as Deng was behind me making some gestures, probably chewing over my head or showing Jimmy how 'wide' I was.

I believe the "Jimmy Butler rising star" was Kirk Heinrich, and the "Jimmy Booooyyyyy" was Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah.