PDA

View Full Version : KY v Ole Miss

mufansince72
01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
KY has been called for 9 fouls in the first 6.5 minutes of this game. They were all legit too. I can't recall the last time I have seen that many fouls called.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Noel is the ultimate rim defender... Kid is unreal, and I thought Anthony Davis would be the best freshman defender ever... It's crazy that in back to back years there have been two shot blockers like this. Talk about having an eraser on the defensive end.

mufansince72
01-29-2013, 10:55 PM
I just saw a post by one of the Basketball guys on twitter saying that Nerlens is the third best of three premier shot blockers this year.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Who are the other two? I know Noel leads the nation in blocks. Plus he is only a freshman, and a young one at that. Decourcy is comparing him to Bill Russell on twitter right now, that's pretty lofty.

mufansince72
01-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Three terrific shot blockers this year. Nerlens/Obekpa/Withey. Still think Obekpa is best by a hair in terms of protecting the rim.

TheSultan
01-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Who are the other two? I know Noel leads the nation in blocks. Plus he is only a freshman, and a young one at that. Decourcy is comparing him to Bill Russell on twitter right now, that's pretty lofty.

He described why later on...Russell was only 6'9" but had great timing and springs in his legs. Noel is just and inch taller, but has the same types of characteristics.

Noel isn't quite up to Anthony Davis, but the guy is nearly averaging a double/double and is a sure-fire first round draft pick this spring. And I love the flat top.

MUMac
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Noel isn't quite up to Anthony Davis, but the guy is nearly averaging a double/double and is a sure-fire first round draft pick this spring. And I love the flat top.

He has a little bit of J R Reid in him:

TheSultan
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
http://deadspin.com/5980208/nerlens-noel-won-the-kentucky+ole-miss-game-with-two-fearless-blocks

Pretty impressive.