PDA

View Full Version : Not to look ahead...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-28-2013, 01:29 PM
But... Does anyone else see the perfect storm for a p*ssed off Louisville team against us at their place? They have had a rough stretch and now tonight Blackshear and Ware are out against Pitt, they will be back against us with something to prove, that scares me. Hopefully they beat Pitt tonight, otherwise they are gonna need a win against us in a bad way.

kneelb4zerg
01-28-2013, 01:38 PM
It's the toughest game left on our schedule. Not expecting a win no matter the circumstances.

Markedman
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Louisville would be up for a game at home against us no matter what. I suppose if they were undefeated and we were struggling it might be possible for them to look past us but I doubt it.

bleedbluegold03
01-28-2013, 10:54 PM
two things:

1. I believe we're going to get SCLACKED at the Ville. probably will end up being a 12-15 point loss thanks to some garbage buckets on our end.

2. losing at Ville, outside of seeding perspective, does not impact or conference race at all. The game that decides if we're serious about jockeying for a top 2 spot is Cuse at home.

IWB
01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
FYI, decision on Davante is a Big East decision, not an NCAA one, and they will know the answer first thing in the am.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-28-2013, 11:19 PM
First of all it's impossible to say at this point that this game doesn't matter for getting a top two spot in conference... Way too early to say that and right now every game counts... I do tend to agree that this one could be ugly, I just think we turn it over too often and will be bothered by Louisville's pressure.

The Reptile
01-29-2013, 05:07 AM
It's a game against Louisville. By definition, it's going to be a wild ride.

Djgoldnboy
01-29-2013, 07:49 AM
I am going to have someone kick me in the nuts before the game, just to prepare for how I normally feel after a Louisville game. (Yeah I know we've won some too, but the wins vs them never feel up to the level of the losses we seem to get from them).

MUMac
01-29-2013, 07:57 AM
I am going to have someone kick me in the nuts before the game, just to prepare for how I normally feel after a Louisville game. (Yeah I know we've won some too, but the wins vs them never feel up to the level of the losses we seem to get from them).

I don't know, that 19 point 2nd half comeback at Freedom Hall was pretty special.

bleedbluegold03
01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
First of all it's impossible to say at this point that this game doesn't matter for getting a top two spot in conference... Way too early to say that and right now every game counts... I do tend to agree that this one could be ugly, I just think we turn it over too often and will be bothered by Louisville's pressure.

It's not impossible to say at this point that this game doesn't matter. I could name 5 scenarios off the top of my head where we lose and still get 2nd

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-29-2013, 07:52 PM
right back at you, I could name off a bunch of scenarios where we win or lose this game and we do or don't get 2nd place. This game counts just as much as the remaining games in our race for 2nd place. Heck I could make the argument that this game matter more than any of the others. Louisville was and still probably is widely considered the favorite for 2nd in the conference.