PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2

Markedman
01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Quite possibly our new TV home....

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/01/21/Media/Fox-Sports-2.aspx

GOMU1104
01-23-2013, 10:55 AM
If FOX ends up being our Network, I think we will be very happy...both in terms of compensation and distribution.

IWB
01-23-2013, 11:00 AM
I agree completely, but one thing to point out is that Fox needs to do more than just be in homes. Every recruit out there has "ESPN" on the top of their mind, on the tip of their tongue. Now Fox will be in every cable package, every satellite package and the fans of the schools will watch those games. But, Fox really needs to be out there marketing to the next generation, so that they think of Fox Sports. Right now every recruit watches games on ESPN and ESPN 2. They will look for the big name schools, but they will wtach whoever is on. You need them to find those games. You need them to find your channels, and there is more to it than just putting on games. They need to be "out there".

Goose85
01-23-2013, 11:13 AM
I agree completely, but one thing to point out is that Fox needs to do more than just be in homes. Every recruit out there has "ESPN" on the top of their mind, on the tip of their tongue. Now Fox will be in every cable package, every satellite package and the fans of the schools will watch those games. But, Fox really needs to be out there marketing to the next generation, so that they think of Fox Sports. Right now every recruit watches games on ESPN and ESPN 2. They will look for the big name schools, but they will wtach whoever is on. You need them to find those games. You need them to find your channels, and there is more to it than just putting on games. They need to be "out there".

IWB - That is why I like your idea of signing the coaches in the B7 to marketing deals as well, to make sure it is financially beneficial for them to stay, and to market the heck out of the new network. In studio appearances and interviews, behind the scenes looks with the coaches as host, etc.

If you have 12 teams, say in a week 4 play Mon and 4 play Wed. Have a different coach in studio during the games. Not every week, but at different times during the season to break down the games. A ton of things they can do, but key is sign coaches to marketing deals for the league. Great idea IWB.

mufansince72
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I would bet that you would see some serious marketing on regular Fox during sporting events such as the NFL games, talking about their basketball games. Very similar to what ESPN and ABC do during college football.

IWB
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I agree 72, but you also have to do it outside of your network. You need to appeal to the next generation of hoopsters, many of which aren't watching those games/shows. You need to get out there - tourneys, AAU circuit etc etc. Today's freshmen & soph high school basketball players need Fox Sports 1 & Fox Sports 2 embedded into their brains, just like they have Nike and Adidas embedded into their brains.

MU/Panther
01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Maybe Fox Sports can get some top high school games on their network.

The Reptile
01-23-2013, 04:38 PM
I agree 72, but you also have to do it outside of your network. You need to appeal to the next generation of hoopsters, many of which aren't watching those games/shows. You need to get out there - tourneys, AAU circuit etc etc. Today's freshmen & soph high school basketball players need Fox Sports 1 & Fox Sports 2 embedded into their brains, just like they have Nike and Adidas embedded into their brains.

I'm not worried. This is no Mickey Mouse outfit we are talking about.

Litehouse
01-23-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm not worried. This is no Mickey Mouse outfit we are talking about.

Not sure if it was intentional, but that's pretty damn funny.