PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Will Kentucky make it into the tournament? Would be great to see them miss. They are now 0-6 against RPI top 60 teams, that doesn't bode well for them.

IrwinFletcher
01-23-2013, 04:38 PM
They will manage to squeek in, but their resume will be thin unless they put it together. SEC is weak and there could be a 6 seed that winds up playing Kentucky in the first round....

warriorfan4life
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
I think that not only Kentucky gets in, but they win a couple of games when they get in. Their backcourt is not at level of the 2010-2011 team, but I see a lot of similarities with a young group that lost a bunch of close games away from home and comes on later in the season. Also, Cal is too good of a coach not to get more out of this group then he has so far.

Goose85
01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
What is a bit scary about Kentucky is that with their struggles it is possible only Noel goes pro. If that happens, look out next year. Could be a team not just favored to be #1, but to run the table.

warriorfan4life
01-23-2013, 10:14 PM
What is a bit scary about Kentucky is that with their struggles it is possible only Noel goes pro. If that happens, look out next year. Could be a team not just favored to be #1, but to run the table.

I think they almost want Goodwin to go pro, as I do not see him blending in with the Harrisons and James Young. If Poythress sticks around though, look out.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
I think the issue is that there are so many teams in that "bubble" area right now that it's going to be very hard for them to pull ahead. There is a lot of average out there this year. Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out, I could see them crumbling just as easily as I could see them coming together.

TedBaxter
01-24-2013, 05:22 AM
Not many good teams at all in college basketball this year and by that, I mean top level teams.