PDA

View Full Version : "Unanswered Prayers"

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-22-2013, 11:22 AM
http://memne.ws/13ZPZVo

This is a guy who at the time I really wanted him to come to MU, in hindsight it appears it may be better he landed elsewhere. I think that's important to keep in perspective when we lose a recruit to another team and some folks go off the deep end about it.

Mucrisco
01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Sounds like an article that could have been about Mayo.

TedBaxter
01-22-2013, 11:33 AM
You've got that right. (General comment about recruits and not specifically about Tarik Black) Two guys I fretted about in the recruiting class two years ago have yet to break into the rotation at their current schools an I was upset when they didn't end up at Marquette.

warriorfan4life
01-22-2013, 11:38 AM
I think Black could have been a stud here and regrets going to Memphis. Hell, if things work out right and we are out of the conference before Memphis arrives, I would not mind taking Black for a year as a bridge between Gardner and hopefully Stone (who I think we find a way to land as long as Buzz is here and things work with Duane Wilson).

TheSultan
01-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Who knows? Get him out of his hometown, away from his family and friends, and things could be different.

TulsaWarrior
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Black was very close to coming to Marquette but Memphis came in late and strong. I think Buzz would have been a better coach to get the max out of him-- a better culture around the program. Look at the players Buzz and Company ave developed. Butler, Crowder, Blue and Gardner are all example of student/athletes who are reaching a high potential. Have you ever asked how they might have done at another school and with another coach? Good probably -- but NBA good?

Nukem2
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Who knows? Get him out of his hometown, away from his family and friends, and things could be different.It seems that Tarik was heavily influenced by "friends" at the end of his recruitment. Perhaps He is getting too much influence yet in his hometown...? As you suggest, a change of scenery is sometimes good for young guy. Wonder if he has any regrets?

bleedbluegold03
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Jelan Kendrick and Fedex are the only reasons Black didn't end up in blue and gold

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Kendrick is another one that MU was after and ended up at Memphis... That was a complete disaster though. Another one I can think of is Mike Shaw who is now at Illinois.

GOMU1104
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I am 100% OK with Jelan Kendrick never coming to Marquette. That guy was/is an absolute mess. He's actually at Indian Hills CC now and apparently going to UNLV next year.