PDA

View Full Version : Offense and Defense Efficiency Rankings Thus Far

CaribouJim
01-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Interesting analysis from Luke Winn on offensive and defensive efficiency rankings - MU's listed in the "Mild Warning" category on defense - A-OK on offense.

Note the anomaly on MU's defensive ranking in the 2003 FF year - ouch - and conversely the stellar ranking on offense. I guess defense won the day in the KU game - take a look at KU's ranking on defense.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130118/college-basketball-early-warnings/?sct=hp_wr_a1&eref=sihp

warriorfan4life
01-18-2013, 06:14 PM
More then offense, defense is where I think Mayo can eat away from Lockett's minutes. Trent works hard on D, but is a couple of steps behind most Big East wings. We have quality size at 4 and 5 this year, but I think that Lockett could actually be a better defender at 4 with his length and savvy. When we have both Junior and Lockett at the perimeter spots, we are giving up significant speed to UConn, Cuse, and Cincy (with a healthy Wright), who are not coincidentally the three best teams in the league when whole.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Defense is definitely more of an issue for us than offense. Too many people are getting caught up in the three point shooting and not recognizing that we are shooting very well (52.3%) from 2 and the line (73.2%). This team can score, it just isn't in the fashion most are used to. It's Buzz's best 2P% team and second best FT% team (only behind the Three Amigos senior year).

Markedman
01-18-2013, 07:45 PM
So I guess he is saying we probably aren't good enough to make the elite 8 or final 4?

Did we really need Pomeroy/Winn to tell us that? lol

I'm glad we are winning....it's fun to be 4-0.....let's all enjoy the season....it goes by quickly.

kneelb4zerg
01-18-2013, 08:25 PM
So I guess he is saying we probably aren't good enough to make the elite 8 or final 4?

Did we really need Pomeroy/Winn to tell us that? lol

I'm glad we are winning....it's fun to be 4-0.....let's all enjoy the season....it goes by quickly.

Enjoying the season and analyzing stats aren't mutually exclusive.