PDA

View Full Version : Steve Novak brings his A-Game

IWB
01-15-2013, 08:59 AM
On Friday night the Knicks lost to the Bulls 108-101. During that game, the Bulls' Nate Robinson hit a 3 pointer and did the Aaron Rodgers/Steve Novak championship belt move. After the game, Novak was asked about the move a gave a great response.

On the night...
Novak: 17 minutes, 6 points, 3 rebounds, +19
Robinson: 10 minutes, 5 points, 3 rebounds, +5

Thanks to MU Vike for the heads up on Facebook

http://youtu.be/SeQDCmdfNPQ

CaribouJim
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Novak is creeping up in the 3pt. % rankings - now in 3rd or 4th - he was way, way down the rankings in the beginning of the year. Don't know if he can catch Stephen Curry though - he's going crazy in both volume and accuracy.

mufan2003
01-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Ah yes, Nate Robinson, the same guy who was talking so much smack to Brandon Jennings in the 1st half about a week ago at the United Center. Only to have Brandon go off in the 2nd half and finish with 35 points and a Bucks win. He must think he is Derrick Rose.

Goose85
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Brief article and the video on CBS Sports too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21554730/video-steve-novak-clowns-nate-robinson-calling-him-little-nathan

Litehouse
01-15-2013, 01:34 PM
I guess I'm illtwittterate. I had to look up FOH to see what it meant from Robinson's reply.

IWB
01-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Litehouse - I did the same, and maybe I'm just old school, but once I realized what it meant, I couldn't help but wonder why CBS would include that in their story.

I have a lot of hoops players etc on Facebook. No, not a stalker, but I have players, recruits, former players and Pro-Am players.... I am absolutely shocked at some of the stuff they post, especially seeing how a lot of their fans etc see it all.

Bocephys
01-15-2013, 03:24 PM
I guess I'm illtwittterate. I had to look up FOH to see what it meant from Robinson's reply.

Agreed, I think we'd all be a little lost without Urban Dictionary...

Goose85
01-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Agreed, I think we'd all be a little lost without Urban Dictionary...

I was very disappointed when I looked it up and saw what it meant. Knowing how many young people follow these guys on twitter, I lose a lot of respect for guys like Robinson who put something like that out there knowing how many people are looking at it. Not very good judgement.

TheSultan
01-16-2013, 09:23 AM
I was very disappointed when I looked it up and saw what it meant. Knowing how many young people follow these guys on twitter, I lose a lot of respect for guys like Robinson who put something like that out there knowing how many people are looking at it. Not very good judgement.

Really? He abbreviated a profanity. So is "BS" off limits too?

Goose85
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Really? He abbreviated a profanity. So is "BS" off limits too?

Yeah, I think when you are making a public statement it is probably a good idea not to use profanity, especially the F word, if you are a celebrity. I personally don't think there is really a reason for it, and I think it is a poor reflection on the person who used it publicly. Just my opinion.

Bocephys
01-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I think when you are making a public statement it is probably a good idea not to use profanity, especially the F word, if you are a celebrity. I personally don't think there is really a reason for it, and I think it is a poor reflection on the person who used it publicly. Just my opinion.
The type of people Nate Robinson is playing to there would be more shocked if he didn't swear. You're not his target market, Goose.

TheSultan
01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Not only that, but anybody old enough to have a Twitter account hears worse than that in the hallways of their school. (And occasionally in the Sultan household...)

Goose85
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
The type of people Nate Robinson is playing to there would be more shocked if he didn't swear. You're not his target market, Goose.

I understand that, and believe me I use more than my share of foul language and heard it / spoke that way in school hallways too. Robinson did so in a public statement.

The problem I see now is younger people come into the work force thinking that is normal and acceptable discourse. Say that in the wrong setting, or in what you think is a harmless office email, and you will be in HR filling out paperwork rather quickly.