PDA

View Full Version : Playing on the edge

Nukem2
01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Andy Katz notes that MU has been playing on the edge with all its close games. MU is 2 shots away from being 14-1 ( Butler and UW-GB ) and darn close to being 9-6 ( first 3 BE games ). Seems like thats been the history of Buzz's tenure with all those close games.

TulsaWarrior
01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Buzz plays the odds and knows all the stats on what to do in various situations. He's taught his players pretty well so they can be in a position to win at the end of a game.

Markedman
01-14-2013, 11:24 AM
I think it's simpler then that. This years MU team is not good enough(at least not so far) to have most games won before the last 2 or 3 minutes. When that happens you are going to win some and lose some.

In reality MU did wrong things at the end of Georgetown and Pitt that could very easily have allowed them to lose. Missed a free throw late and Rotnei hits a miracle shot that cost them the Butler game and just played like crap against GB and still had a chance to steal that game but couldn't make free throws late and the best shot they could get at the end was a Jake Thomas 3(Yes it was wide open).

I'm thrilled but realistic with the 3-0 conference start. How often does Junior make that shot against UCONN? 1-5? Less?

We should have won the other 2 games much easier then we did based on the way the games played out but our end of game play was not smart.

We will continue to play many close games this year in all liklihood......got to clean up the mistakes or those wins will turn into losses.

ps. With all that being said....we should not lose to Seton Hall or Providence at home if we play decent at all......I expect us to lose at Cincy which should have us at a very nice 5-1. I think SF is next at home so 6-1 is really possible......Time to take care of business at home.

MayorBeluga
01-14-2013, 11:37 AM
As Fr. Dan's Camera likes to say, year in and year out, being a Marquette fan is guaranteed to take years off of your life.

pbiflyer
01-14-2013, 02:15 PM
A 6-1 start would be awesome, as I think that this team, even more than in the last couple of years, improves as the year progresses.

TheSultan
01-14-2013, 08:25 PM
A 6-1 start would be awesome, as I think that this team, even more than in the last couple of years, improves as the year progresses.

Which makes sense. Two NBA quality players depart and the players left have to have time to grow into their roles.