PDA

View Full Version : Tony Benford

Nukem2
01-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Just checking today to see how Tony is doing at UNT. Unfortunately, he is off to a rough start as UNT is 6-10 ( 1-4 in Sun Belt ). Supposedly had a good team returning along with NBA prospect Tony Mitchell. Hopefully, things get better for TB.....

MUBasketball
01-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I've been keeping a close eye on their program all season. Going on their message board is pretty crazy...many on there want Benford fired. No big surprise to go on a message board and see moronic posts, but the fan base is clearly frustrated with his tenure so far. I will admit it's been very surprising how badly they have struggled so far. Tony Mitchell is an excellent talent and was likely a 1st round draft pick last year had he come out. Not sure what the problem is, but I think over time Tony will be very successful there. It appeared like he inherited a really good team, but a coach should still be graded based on how he does with his own players.

warriorfan4life
01-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I've been keeping a close eye on their program all season. Going on their message board is pretty crazy...many on there want Benford fired. No big surprise to go on a message board and see moronic posts, but the fan base is clearly frustrated with his tenure so far. I will admit it's been very surprising how badly they have struggled so far. Tony Mitchell is an excellent talent and was likely a 1st round draft pick last year had he come out. Not sure what the problem is, but I think over time Tony will be very successful there. It appeared like he inherited a really good team, but a coach should still be graded based on how he does with his own players.

Tony needs to hope that TJ Taylor can shoot the ball, as they are a paltry 25% from three this season. I am surprised at how their defense has slipped given the athletes on that roster, as they have gone from 110th in defensive efficiency last year to 252nd this year. Very surprised by UNT's struggles, but too soon to give up on TB.