PDA

View Full Version : Philip Nolan on MU

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-01-2013, 09:20 AM
http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnbasketball/2012/12/31/notesquotes-from-new-years-eve-the-past-doesn’t-equal-the-future-if-it-does-then-you-live-in-the-past/

IWB
01-01-2013, 11:23 AM
He backed off? No, Marquette backed off.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Hmm...he considered us when we first offered but not after? Why'd he wait outside the locker room for over an hour in New Jersey then?

Markedman
01-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Why does it surprise anyone that a kid wouldn't want to say "I wanted to go there and they did show interest but at the end of the day they didn't want me"?

Especially to the press before his first BE game in Milwaukee?

Kids do this all the time.....so do adults for that matter....

TheSultan
01-01-2013, 02:57 PM
He doesn't even have to say that. Just say "at one point I looked at Marquette, but it just didn't work out." No blame...no one gets embarrassed. But instead his statement reeks of bitterness.

MUfan12
01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
He doesn't even have to say that. Just say "at one point I looked at Marquette, but it just didn't work out." No blame...no one gets embarrassed. But instead his statement reeks of bitterness.

Judging by how his posse was acting at the game, I think there was some bitterness there.

TheSultan
01-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Judging by how his posse was acting at the game, I think there was some bitterness there.

Yeah, I am sure there is! :)

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Who knows how Nolan will turn out but I really like what we have in Taylor at the PF spot for the next 3.5 years.

mufansince72
01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Phil Nolan is a Milwaukee kid. He tried out-of-state prep schools, but came back home to finish at Riverside. Now he has a chance to play for UConn in front of his hometown friends and he said he got about 15 tickets. Nolan has watched games at Bradley Center, but never played there.

“I don’t know Omar Calhoun felt going into the Garden,” he said, “But I wouldn’t call it a mecca.”

Growing up as a basketball player in Milwaukee, Nolan said he experienced some “pretty intense” games. But with the Bucks often struggling, there wasn’t a lot of buzz about the NBA. “A lot of kids in the inner-city are Marquette fans,” he said.

Nolan, though he was offered a scholarship, said he and Marquette were never close to coming together. But the chance to play in Milwaukee “was one of the draws when I committed to UConn,” he said.