PDA

View Full Version : Conference Record Prediction Thread

bleedbluegold03
12-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Thought it would be fun to take bets on how the conference shake out as we near the ending of the OOC season.

I will go with 9-9, a reemergence of the title of TBW, a 10 seed in the tourny, and a potential 1st round upset based on match ups, with the following schedule breakdown.

vs. UConn - W
vs. Gtown - L
@ Pitt - L
vs. SHU - W
@ Cincy - L
vs. Prov - W
vs. USF - W
@ Ville - L
@ USF - W
vs. Dep - W
@ Gtown - L
vs. Pitt - W
@ SHU - L
@ Nova - W
vs. Cuse - L
vs. ND - L
@ Rut - W
@ STJ - L

I am more banking on Buzz an Marquette's brand on getting us into the tournament this year because following my record table, our best wins for the season will be Wisconsin (H), UConn (H) and Pitt (H) which are hardly that noteworthy. The biggest thing for me will be avoiding another killer loss, as we already have one mulligan on the schedule. Another in conference season and I think we are cooked.

warriorfan4life
12-27-2012, 10:54 AM
I will go one better at 10-8, and I will flip the Pitt home, SHU road, and ND home results to get to that 10-8. I think somewhere in the 8-11 seed range in NCAA's, and hopefully we can get one NCAA win.

Phantom Warrior
12-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Based on what I've seen so far, 9-9 seems reasonable, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up 8-10. I think we end up on the proverbial bubble for the NCAA, and our streak of seven straight dance tickets is in jeopardy.

We have played 11 games, and I have yet to see us play well for two consecutive halves, even against weak teams. That really concerns me.

kneelb4zerg
12-27-2012, 11:28 AM
11-7..........

I think people are overreacting to the 3 losses especially the GB loss. This team is 2 shots, one miss one make, from being 10-1

mufansince72
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
8-10 with an outside shot at 10-8

Markedman
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Can't assume that if we beat Butler we don't lose one of the next 2 games. If we beat Butler we likely lose to either NC or Illinois which would still leave us at 2-1 in Maui(would have gained a quality win instead of beating 2 bad to mediocre teams).

Nukem2
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Not really sure what to expect. Next weeks game will tell us a lot about this team.

kneelb4zerg
12-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Can't assume that if we beat Butler we don't lose one of the next 2 games. If we beat Butler we likely lose to either NC or Illinois which would still leave us at 2-1 in Maui(would have gained a quality win instead of beating 2 bad to mediocre teams).

This is true, but I think the team would be viewed much more favorably if Butler doesn't hit that crazy shot against us.

MU_Iceman
12-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Minimum of 11-7. Once again, MU fans are down on their own team. It happens every year, and every year MU does better then what MOST of their fans expect. Very easily could see 12-6 as well.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
I think we go 12-6. I think we'll start rugged (4-4) but go 8-2 over our last 10 to come into the BET and NCAAs hot. Like kneel said, we're 2 shots away from being 10-1. Maybe 9-2 if we lost to the Illini, but I still think we're a better team than UNC.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-27-2012, 02:41 PM
I have us at 10-8 however I could easily see us ending up at 9-9 or 8-10 ... there are quite a few toss up games this year that I could have gone either way on. The only game I see as a stone cold lock would be Depaul at home, I just don't see us losing to them at home.

vs. UConn - L
vs. Gtown - W
@ Pitt - L
vs. SHU - W
@ Cincy - L
vs. Prov - W
vs. USF - W
@ Ville - L
@ USF - W
vs. Dep - W
@ Gtown - L
vs. Pitt - W
@ SHU - L
@ Nova - W
vs. Cuse - L
vs. ND - L
@ Rut - W
@ STJ - W

Markedman
12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
2 years ago most thought MU would be better then they were in Lazar's last year when they went 11-7. They lost Zar, Acker and Coobie. Returned Buycks, DJO, Jimmy and brought in Vander and Jae. People thought Junior would have a big impact.......team struggled to finish 9-9 and was an 11 seed. Great NCAA tourny but the Big east season was rough...one more loss and we might easily have missed the dance.

So it doesn't happen every year.....Nobody doubted the team last year...and everybody expected a big year when Wes, DJ and Jerel were seniors.

Some of us just try not be super homers when looking at our favorite team. We can see the limitations.

MU_Iceman
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
2 years ago most thought MU would be better then they were in Lazar's last year when they went 11-7. They lost Zar, Acker and Coobie. Returned Buycks, DJO, Jimmy and brought in Vander and Jae. People thought Junior would have a big impact.......team struggled to finish 9-9 and was an 11 seed. Great NCAA tourny but the Big east season was rough...one more loss and we might easily have missed the dance.

So it doesn't happen every year.....Nobody doubted the team last year...and everybody expected a big year when Wes, DJ and Jerel were seniors.

Some of us just try not be super homers when looking at our favorite team. We can see the limitations.

Some think they see limitations when they really aren't limitations, it just takes them awhile to jel.

Most didn't think there was any way the team would finish top 4 last year though. I specifically remember that. MOST people didn't think they'd even be a tourney team Acker's Senior year. I specifically remember that too. Speaking of that 9-9 team, there were some that specifically stated they had the potential to be a sweet 16 team at the beginning of the year, and that's exactly what happened, despite the rough BE season.

kneelb4zerg
12-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Seriously, nobody doubted last years team? Lots of people jumping ship after the Vanderbilt game. Certainly weren't many who predicted a top 2 finish after that.

Markedman
12-27-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't think anyone thought we weren't going to be good last year.....Not many expected 14-4 I'll give you that but now we are splitting hairs.

As I have said before.....I don't see the high ceiling with this group that some of you seem to see.......time will tell who turns out to be right.

I hope its not me......

MUfan12
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm down on this group, unfortunately. 7-11.

MU Viking
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
I will guess 10-8, but it will be a grind. Will predict a 9 seed in NCAA's.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know how those new play in games work? Do you get an NCAA credit for that round? Or does it only begin when things are down to 64 teams?

Markedman
12-27-2012, 09:06 PM
No you get credit....play in games as they used to be called are actually considered first round games now.....

mufansince72
12-27-2012, 09:20 PM
I see a steady stream of zones. Unless a lights out shooter emerges, I see 8-10