PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead

Nukem2
12-26-2012, 03:47 PM
The BE schedule starts with a bang with UConn and G-Town at home followed by road games at PItt and Cincy sandwiched around a home game versus SHU. SHU is 10-2 with an overtime loss to Washington and and a 5 point loss at LSU. Those 2 home games next week are huge in terms of getting off on the wrong foot in BE play.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-26-2012, 04:16 PM
That is a real tough start, I'd say a 2-3 start for this team would be the most we could hope for.

MUMac
12-26-2012, 05:41 PM
It may be a tough start, but 2-3 is the most we could hope for? Really?

kneelb4zerg
12-26-2012, 06:13 PM
It may be a tough start, but 2-3 is the most we could hope for? Really?

Yeah, come on now. The most we can hope for is 5-0. I'd be happy/satisfied with 3-2.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Just trying to be realistic, this team has not looked good on the road, and Cincy is really good this year and Pitt's gym is always a hard place to play. So I figured my expectations are pretty low there, then I figure we will be lucky to only drop one between UCONN and G'Town... And with this team I honestly can't say that SHU is a for sure either. This team has to show they can develop consistent scoring against good teams. Last Saturday was a good start but we have a long way to go.

MUMac
12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Just trying to be realistic, this team has not looked good on the road, and Cincy is really good this year and Pitt's gym is always a hard place to play. So I figured my expectations are pretty low there, then I figure we will be lucky to only drop one between UCONN and G'Town... And with this team I honestly can't say that SHU is a for sure either. This team has to show they can develop consistent scoring against good teams. Last Saturday was a good start but we have a long way to go.

You may be realistic, but I read it as negative (not meaning that in a disrespecting way). Realistic and "the most we can hope for" are not the same.

MU has played well at home. I would be disappointed with a home loss. I think a split on the road is possible.

MU had 2 bad games - Florida and Green Bay. Other than that, I do not believe they have played poorly. They have their warts - as most teams do. I do believe the return of Mayo does make this a different team - offensively and defensively.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Sure hope you are right... Guess we will see, I'm hoping Mayo can have the impact everyone hopes. He will have another game to get some rust off before the New Year's Day bash with UCONN.