PDA

View Full Version : MU on the court early vs LSU

MU/Panther
12-23-2012, 02:08 PM
This goes out to the people at the game and who are in there seats early.

Marquette does not come out untill the 3:00 minute mark on the clock to start the game. MU was out on the floor at the 10:00 or 12 minute mark and stood at mid court for the playing of the alma mater before they do the MU history timeline. This was very weird to me as someone who is at every home game for years.

Hunt or Homer did not bring this up? Why did Buzz switch this up? Buzz will always talk about every little detail in what the team does.

Nukem2
12-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I was there at 12:00 and the guys went in early from warmups when the clock showed 47 minutes to intros and did not come back until shortly before the alma mater song and then they stayed on the court. Buzz was definitely mixing things up or had a very long pre-ame talk.

MU/Panther
12-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Not much talk about this at all. I guess it shows that many message board folks are not in their seats early.

MU was on the floor well before the alma mater which never happens. Buzz really change things up. It really worked to start the game, as MU went up by 21 points.

MUBB713
12-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I noticed it and thought it was weird. I'm usually in my seat 35 min before the game so I can see them warm up a little. Never happened.

I think it was just a one time thing. I know my high school coach would do that once in a while and there was really nothing more to it other than he wanted to talk longer. If it happens again Saturday, then you may be on to something.

MUMac
12-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I am usually at the Courtside Club for the first time MU goes in as a team. I then go to my seats, which is very early as well. I noticed the delay in the Courtside Club and left to go to my seats before they come out. I definitely noticed the scene during the Alma Mater. The team seemed a bit confused and it was strange, in a way. I did not contribute to this thread, as, well, what I just said is all that I really know on the matter. Hadn't seen it before and it seemed odd.

BLT
12-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Buzz said post-game that they had a good practice Thursday and Friday but a horrible shoot-around in the morning. I am sure he was trying something different. Players were definitely confused with the singing of the Alma Mater song...it was a bit funny as the players didn't know what to do: keep shooting or stop for the song...like they never heard it before. They seemed to like it as they eventually stopped and watched.

With the break and the UWGB loss, the crowd was a bit quiet...yet Coach Jones said they were a bit intimidated to start by the big and loud crowd. I also notice how the opposing teams all stand and watch the intro videos...which got me thinking how we underestimate the tradition and environment of the BMO BC with that NBA scoreboard and sound system. Heck, UFL had basically a PowerPoint graphics system on a Bell+Howell film screen.