PDA

View Full Version : Question

Halo
12-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Butch Badger claiming on Buckyville he was told by a MU booster that Mayo would be coming back come conference season. How would a booster know this? Who would Butch's source be since he is comfortable enough to be bragging about it?

On top of it, if any player was out for the semester and the conference didn't start until the next semester, what the hell is the issue?

Seems this Butch guy knows a lot about MU basketball.

unclejohn
12-21-2012, 10:31 AM
NEWS FLASH!!!:

Butch is a tool.

TheSultan
12-21-2012, 10:46 AM
NEWS FLASH!!!:

Butch is a tool.

This.

I wouldn't be all that concerned about it.

IWB
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
First off, Butch was tracked for a two month period once. During that two months, more than 90% of his posts were about Marquette. Seriously.

Next - Let's see..... he was ineligible because of academics. The new semester starts at about the same exact time as the conference season. Hmmm.....There's a stretch.

Hamostradamus
12-21-2012, 10:53 AM
He's like BBFran on steroids. He should just buy MU season tix because our program seems to entertain him so much.

MUMac
12-21-2012, 11:11 AM
So did butchie boy say this at the time Mayo was declared ineligible or after? I suspect a Nostradomus wannabe would be correct 100% of the time after the fact. But, alas, I suspect even then the butch would still have a less than perfect record.

As for Mayo, if he met the criteria to be eligible, why would it be a surprise that it happened now? Did MU and Buzz adjust the academic and athletic calendars to make it so he would be eligible during the conference season?

Weren't Steimsma and Landry elibible after they sat for academic issues one semester? I guess since that was UW, that's ok, right?

ziggysfryboy
12-21-2012, 03:43 PM
So did butchie boy say this at the time Mayo was declared ineligible or after? I suspect a Nostradomus wannabe would be correct 100% of the time after the fact. But, alas, I suspect even then the butch would still have a less than perfect record.

As for Mayo, if he met the criteria to be eligible, why would it be a surprise that it happened now? Did MU and Buzz adjust the academic and athletic calendars to make it so he would be eligible during the conference season?

Weren't Steimsma and Landry elibible after they sat for academic issues one semester? I guess since that was UW, that's ok, right?

That just makes sense.

IrwinFletcher
12-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Mayo was struggling academically and obviously fell below NCAA guidelines. According to Madison fans, we should have been finding way around the supsension and looking for easy classes for him to stay eligible.

He wasn't qulaified academically. He was suspended. Isn't that what an institution is supposed to do?

Mucrisco
12-21-2012, 05:18 PM
What makes someone a Marquette booster, anyway? There are plenty of people who are "boosters" that have no real inside information that claim they do.

TedBaxter
12-21-2012, 05:50 PM
A booster is anyone who ever attended MU. Any person who has had season tickets at any time and anyone who has ever given money to MU. Is that a complete list anyone?

I laugh when anyone on the Badger boards say MU fans are the one's focused on UW. The last few months there have been many more MU threads on Badger boards than the other way around and I have been following it. Some of the posts have been downright ridiculous and off base.

One poster in particular remained as tight as a straight man's sphincter in a gay bar after MU beat UW, but as soon as UWGB won, he posted within a minute.

MUBB713
12-21-2012, 08:26 PM
The last few months there have been many more MU threads on Badger boards than the other way around and I have been following it.

Godspeed.

I don't look at those boards unless the badgers lose or have any other unfortunate events happen to them like uthloff or bielema.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Here is the most important question of all... Who gives a s#!t what butch badger thinks?

lougrant
12-21-2012, 08:53 PM
I'll lurk over there after they lose to us or suffer a particularly agonizing defeat, but beyond that I don't bother. It's otherwise masochistic for a MU fan to visit that site.

MUMac
12-21-2012, 09:01 PM
What's worse? Those that complain about the badger board or those that complain about those that complain about the badger board? Inevitably, with one you are certain to get the other.