PDA

View Full Version : No more

Nukem2
12-19-2012, 09:33 PM
games in Green Bay...So Miiss..now GB...bad karma

ydouask23
12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
games in Green Bay...So Miiss..now GB...bad karma

IF GB werent so atrocious this year, I might be able to forgive this one but wow. Im putting it on the loss to the 1-17 Depaul team and the Western Michigan NIT level. Did anyone watch this game? Hopefully none of our recruits. Just overall an ugly second half and a poor effort by our guys. Gotta clean up the rest of non conference before Uconn

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-19-2012, 10:01 PM
If I were Mike Broeker, I'd be calling to schedule a series with them tomorrow. But I'd want a 3-1 this time. UWGB may be 4-7, but 6 of those 7 came away from home. They've played a tough schedule and will be a contender in the Horizon not just this year but in the future. In addition, we need to avenge this loss. Can't do that by ducking them.

EDIT: UWGB is not nearly as bad as everyone in Milwaukee seems to think they are.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
They were 3-7 coming into tonight and did not play a tough schedule. You are giving them WAY too much credit. Face it, we got beat by a bad team.

warriorfan4life
12-19-2012, 10:45 PM
They did already beat a pretty good North Dakota State team. I think they finish just north of .500 in Horizon, maybe a touch better if Brown plays better. Not a great team, not a terrible dreg, but this will likely be Buzz Williams's worst team at Marquette (and I still think we'll be a bubble team at a minimum).

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm not saying this is a good loss. We lost to a team that will probably be sub-100. But people are acting like we lost to a sub-200 team. Look at the kenpom numbers. 5 of Green Bay's 7 losses came to top-200 teams away from home. They lost one game they shouldn't have lost on the road (Tennessee Tech), lost one that was a bit of a toss-up at home but they probably should have won (SIU) because they gave the game away in the last 5 minutes. But they also beat a good ND State team. Everyone says they haven't played a tough schedule, but they've played virtually all top-200 teams. When you're in the Horizon, that's a tough schedule. Compare that to Loyola-Chicago, who is 7-3 but of those they are 7-1 against sub-200 teams.

This isn't good. It's disappointing. But we lost to a team that's better than most are giving them credit for. At the beginning of the year, most people thought Alec Brown was a NBA big man. Cerroni can play. Sykes can play. They are going to be a contender in the Horizon.

Gato78
12-19-2012, 11:26 PM
I am sure Sykes would start for us and Alec Brown is probably better than CO2. We are better at every other position and have a better bench. This was just one of those games. They slowed it down and we shot like crap. Bad combination.

MU/Panther
12-19-2012, 11:32 PM
If I were Mike Broeker, I'd be calling to schedule a series with them tomorrow. But I'd want a 3-1 this time. UWGB may be 4-7, but 6 of those 7 came away from home. They've played a tough schedule and will be a contender in the Horizon not just this year but in the future. In addition, we need to avenge this loss. Can't do that by ducking them.

EDIT: UWGB is not nearly as bad as everyone in Milwaukee seems to think they are.

I agree on GB as I follow the HL. Green Bay's problem this season has been defense. I think they found their calling card with the zone.

Nukem2
12-20-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree on GB as I follow the HL. Green Bay's problem this season has been defense. I think they found their calling card with the zone.
I doubt that.