PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Jimmy Lemke
12-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Throwing crap at someone is one thing, but try putting on someone else's shoes. What would you guys do to fix this problem? And by that I mean, if you were Rob Jeter, what would you do to fix the situation?

MayorCK
12-19-2012, 11:32 PM
As amazed as I am at myself for typing this, the offense runs more smoothly with Roelke on the floor. Until Aaron starts accepting more of Jeter's tutelage, I would not be against Mitch playing increased minutes.

Derek Spallone
12-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I will be honest, I think he is the perfect Coach for this team. It seems like the players DO enjoy playing under him, and looks like the assistants like working under him as well (Figured). However, Some things to consider is maybe a change in the system I think with Aaron you need him period. Roelke is solid and can shoot, but Aaron is an all around guard, and him and Gulley played at the same JUCO need a better floor connection. It has seemed since Gulley is back one of the two plays poorly. They need to be consistent and once that happens I would work on possible a better team chemistry? I would not change anything drastic but I think, recruiting can play a big part. I know a lot of schools Milwaukee and other JUCOS specifically UIC, like to wait for transfer or JUCO products so they develop, but it is better to hit seniors. Chicago is not to far, get an assistant or someone who has ties there and can bring in recruits. A good recruiting assistant and highly respected head coach, is the key to a prized recruit. Easily can take a guy away from UIC, Loyola, and NIU, WIU, SIU, and ISU. NU and UofI probably not, but Depaul possibly also, I know they like to recruit in there state makes sense. However, private institutions look outside the box, or like you said Jimmy build that barrier with the major cities surrounding Milwaukee, and snag a recruit from each county, but Imagine it is tough to snag a guy from Madison, Marquette, and even Green Bay. Just my thoughts.

Spirit of Bruce
12-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't know what Milwaukee Panther team you observe, but it is definitely not the 2012-13 team. Jeter has never been the perfect coach for this program. Mediocrity is not perfection. He has kept the team good enough to stay on the fringe of relevance, which is better than some alternatives, but 3 straight HL tourney losses to Butler (thankfully it won't be 4) have set us back. I think we can do better and expect as much. With Butler gone, we should be the Top Dogs of this conference, hands down. We had the perfect coach for this program from 2001-2005. It just so happened Tennessee thought he was the perfect coach for them as well, and let's face it, the Horizon League is not the SEC. We all know what happened next, but that had nothing to do with the Milwaukee Panthers, so don't even go there.

I would also argue that Jordan Aaron has not yet shown he's an all-around guard. Can he be? Absolutely. The flashes have shown through. But until his assist/turnover ratio gets away from 1/1, he won't be that player. Or maybe I'm spoiled from watching the program's all-time assist record get set in two short years...

There was a clear difference in the team with Roelke running the offense. I saw what Mayor is talking about in the Tennessee Tech game. If we need to play him 15 mins/game to get some wins, I'm all for it as well. Jordan Aaron has all the talent in the world, he just needs to channel it in the right places at this point.

Jimmy Lemke
12-20-2012, 11:50 PM
If Roelke can defend and take care of the ball, he'll earn those minutes.

Derek Spallone
12-21-2012, 09:43 AM
What other coach would you consider, for this job?

MU/Panther
12-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Don't have the team put up a three point shot with 20+ seconds on the shot clock. Attack the rim!

Jimmy Lemke
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Don't have the team put up a three point shot with 20+ seconds on the shot clock. Attack the rim!

I heard you on that when we sat together on Saturday. They definitely need to pour it into the paint and attack.

MU/Panther
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
I heard you on that when we sat together on Saturday. They definitely need to pour it into the paint and attack. The guards can get in the paint and need to find the big men to finish. It seems that the guards go to the baskets and through up bad shots instead of dishing to the bigs or kicking it out for an open three.

MU/Panther
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Just cause a player might be open at the three point line, doesn't mean you should shoot the ball. It's a hard shot, that's why they give you an extra point if you make it. I think 80% of the time, a team shouldn't be taking a three with 20+ seconds left on the shot clock. If you miss, it opens up for a fast break for the other team.

MayorCK
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
What other coach would you consider, for this job?

I can answer for Spirit, because I share his opinion: Bruce Pearl. Now obviously we know that can't even be possible until the 14-15 season, but that's the answer to your question.

Derek Spallone
12-21-2012, 10:19 PM
You think he will come back?

lutzow10
12-21-2012, 10:30 PM
If he is at the game we should chant "come back pearl" haha. I highly doubt he will come back but I can dream can't I. How awesome would it be to see Bruce on the sidelines at the KC/Cell again?

Derek Spallone
12-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Lol yeah man, I am not tryna bring down your dreams! Dream on brotha and dream big, hopefully he returns. You guys should start that chant! haha

lutzow10
12-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Sorry. That was the other board. Bruce is apparently coming to the anniversary celebration game in february or something like that.