PDA

View Full Version : What some Butler fans are saying

milkbone
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
http://butlerhoops.com/showthread.php?tid=326

mufansince72
12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Locked in that thread is an ESPN insider article by Joe Lunardi. He is not too impressed with the Catholic 7, and say's league needs to be 12-14 teams to make up for the bottom feeders like Depaul,

Phantom Warrior
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Can anyone provide the formula for a school earning the NCAA credits? I don't have access to the article, so I have no idea how many each of the schools have earned over the past six years and 12 years.

I'd love to see the stats for the schools leaving, the schools likely entering, the remaining BE football schools, the new conference football schools, and all of the schools in the other high-major conferences, as well as the A-10.

I am willing to tryh to do the leg work if someone can provide the formula. Better yet, is there a site that has all that data?

warriorfan4life
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
A lot of these writers are failing to look forward regarding PC and St. John's, reflecting on their admittedly tough past decade. They both have excellent young rosters/guys committed and should be NCAA quality teams in the very near future (and it would not stun if one of them made a late charge this year). A lot of my optimism in this league is reflected by the expected ascendence of their programs to complement known powers of Georgetown, Marquette, Xavier, Butler, and Nova (who has fallen on recent hard times, but looks to have started recruited more towards the heart of their past success and not off of recruiting lists).

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Can anyone provide the formula for a school earning the NCAA credits? I don't have access to the article, so I have no idea how many each of the schools have earned over the past six years and 12 years.

I'd love to see the stats for the schools leaving, the schools likely entering, the remaining BE football schools, the new conference football schools, and all of the schools in the other high-major conferences, as well as the A-10.

I am willing to tryh to do the leg work if someone can provide the formula. Better yet, is there a site that has all that data?

I will look around for the info, that bein said the C7 schools seen bringing much with them, and I don't know if the A10 schools get to bring their credits with, I'm pretty sure they have to leave theirs behind while the BE schools get to bring theirs with because of some language in the conference agreement.

kneelb4zerg
12-18-2012, 07:26 PM
A lot of these writers are failing to look forward regarding PC and St. John's, reflecting on their admittedly tough past decade. They both have excellent young rosters/guys committed and should be NCAA quality teams in the very near future (and it would not stun if one of them made a late charge this year). A lot of my optimism in this league is reflected by the expected ascendence of their programs to complement known powers of Georgetown, Marquette, Xavier, Butler, and Nova (who has fallen on recent hard times, but looks to have started recruited more towards the heart of their past success and not off of recruiting lists).

Kris Dunn, back playing for Providence. I'm also bullish on PU and SJU.

butlerway
12-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Hey, I saw some traffic coming in from here so I thought I'd come over and sign up. Hopefully it's not too long before we are playing you home and away in conference every single year. Also, Butler left all of its credits with the Horizon League. I am not 100% sure on the A10's policy, but I can't imagine anyone would get to take credits with them.

Also, there is more conference discussion here Butler Hoops - Conference Realignment (http://butlerhoops.com/showthread.php?tid=320). The other thread kind of stemmed off of that one when the OP said they had info that the new league would be 10 teams with Butler, Xavier, and St. Louis.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Seems like you guys are a near-lock to join us, butlerway. Can't wait to see you every year at the BC, whether it's in a 10-team straight home-and-away league or in divisions.

MU/Panther
12-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Didn't think I would see the day that I watch Butler every year at the Cell, in the future I'll see BU at the BC. That's credit to the Butlerway!

butlerway
12-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Butler has a large Chicago fan base, so I bet they would travel up there pretty well. That could probably help create a nice rivalry.