PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea

das tooth
12-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Now that it happened the new league should add Xavier to get to eight BB schools and add 8 bottom feeder football programs on their terms. Louisville, Syracuse, U Conn, Cinncy, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky all bad or low BCS teams but one hell of a BB conference.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-16-2012, 07:58 AM
I'd go for Indiana over Cincinnati.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-16-2012, 09:11 AM
You're a dreamer...

IWB
12-16-2012, 12:31 PM
They will stick with 10 hoops only

ValiantSailor
12-16-2012, 01:12 PM
They will stick with 10 hoops only

Perfect! Quality over quantity.

VS

Tmreddevil
12-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Jim, hear anything on mu interest in keeping a series going with nd or Louisville? Or too early to tell?

MUBasketball
12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Jim, hear anything on mu interest in keeping a series going with nd or Louisville? Or too early to tell?

It would be my assumption that a series with Louisville would not be likely. Maybe a H/H series once every blue moon, but there's no reason to expect anything more frequent. They will have their annual rivalry game with Kentucky. How many high major teams do other high major's play in the non-conference each season? Aside from a major Thanksgiving tournament, about 2 other big games is the max. The rest are a mix of mid-majors and buy games. So, that doesn't leave much of an opening. If they start up a series with anybody, Memphis would be more likely for Louisville.

ND, on the other hand, I'm hopeful can be a somewhat regular opponent going forward.

MUMac
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
It would be my assumption that a series with Louisville would not be likely. Maybe a H/H series once every blue moon, but there's no reason to expect anything more frequent. They will have their annual rivalry game with Kentucky. How many high major teams do other high major's play in the non-conference each season? Aside from a major Thanksgiving tournament, about 2 other big games is the max. The rest are a mix of mid-majors and buy games. So, that doesn't leave much of an opening. If they start up a series with anybody, Memphis would be more likely for Louisville.

ND, on the other hand, I'm hopeful can be a somewhat regular opponent going forward.

Frankly, I am ambivalent to any H/H with either ND or UL. I would prefer to spread it out among other name teams and leagues. Every now and then, ok. But I don't want an annual game with either. That boat sailed when they did.

Frankly, the ND game had become just another game to me anyway.

IWB
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM

Really won't know until the dust settles and they see who what where when they will play. Remember, there was the SEC-Big East Challenge - that will go, will something replace it? Have to iron all of that out before you start scheduling your own games.