PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me this is wrong

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-15-2012, 01:55 AM
http://m.nypost.com/p/blogs/collegesports/atlantic_calls_meeting_split_fear_SEbPDk4OGcgHjhwu NROIPO

Dusquene?!? What the hell?!

MUBasketball
12-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Ya I don't think Duquesne should be part of the equation, but I am very much in support of Creighton.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-15-2012, 02:28 AM
Agreed, Creighton 100%... It just severely worries me that schools like Duquesne are being mentioned. I know people will mention their market, but to me that's the same false logic the old BE used in adding Tulane. This needs to be about quality more than anything. They shouldn't forget that they make more right now in NCAA credits every year than they do from the TV deal. Quality means more bids and keeping away from the mid major perception... I am going to be so nervous until the teams are finalized.

MUBasketball
12-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Concerning Duquesne, hope nothing comes of that but if so, maybe they want the Pittsburgh TV market? Is it even a big market?

Phantom Warrior
12-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Hard to imagine Butler isn't mentioned, nor VCU. I wouldn't put too much stock in this mention of Duquesne.

If Xavier and Butler join the C-7, and with Temple already a lame duck, the future of the A-10 looks pretty bleak. According to Sagarin's ratings, the A-10 earns a ranking of #9 among conferences in terms of basketeball quality over the past decade or so. The watered-down A-10 would become completely irrelevent.

Nukem2
12-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Concerning Duquesne, hope nothing comes of that but if so, maybe they want the Pittsburgh TV market? Is it even a big market?As big as Milwaukee. FWIW, the Dukes beat West Vrginia the other day and it is a Catholic University. Not high on my list.

The Reptile
12-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I would be for a weaker team joining if it were in the right market. People seem to forget that for years UConn, Pitt and Seton Hall were doormats in the Big East. In time they all grew into more competitive positions in the BE and nationally. With the right hire this lesser program could compete in time. I would not wants too many of these programs and would prefer a school with some history. That said, I'm not all that sure Duquesne is what I had in mind.