PDA

View Full Version : I might have changed my mind about SLU.

Mucrisco
12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Have you guys seen pics of their new arena? It looks like they are committed to hoops and St. Louis would be a good market.
http://villanova.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1159&tid=160907816&mid=160907816&sid=1000&style=2

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-14-2012, 08:26 AM
I see SLU as a second-tier priority. Personal list...

Must Have: Xavier, Butler, Gonzaga
Nice Options: VCU, SLU, St. Mary's (with Gonzaga), Creighton
Could be worse: Dayton, Richmond, St. Joe's

MU/Panther
12-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Why is Creighton not a great option? They win and get huge attendance numbers playing in the MVC. Think what they could be in a major league.

IrwinFletcher
12-14-2012, 08:34 AM
SLOWLY....It appears that DePaul might be making the financial committment that Creighton and SLU have made in their programs. As much as we compete with them for recruits and notoriety in Chicago, with this new conference they need to step things up a bit.

Their stadium and facilities overall stink and for them to be viable in any conference moving forward. I think they are in the position we were in the early 90's when it was clear Dukiet wasn't the answer. What DePaul does in the next year or two may decide the future of their athletic program.

TedBaxter
12-14-2012, 08:42 AM
DePaul and St. John's are the two most important schools in my opinion and I mean that they need to improve their programs for visibility of a new conference nationally.