PDA

View Full Version : Xavier and Butler to join C7?

TheSultan
12-13-2012, 09:31 PM
According to Michael Hunt.

AlexJesswein
12-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Add Creighton and call it a day.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I know people want nothing to do with fball schools but is there any way we can get Memphis and Temple? Have them park their fball teams in CUSA or wherever and if they leave down the road so be it. But for the time being it would add to the bball prestige.

IWB
12-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I know people want nothing to do with fball schools but is there any way we can get Memphis and Temple? Have them park their fball teams in CUSA or wherever and if they leave down the road so be it. But for the time being it would add to the bball prestige.

Agree completely, and add Cincy & UConn to that. Will they leave? Sure, but you can always add St. Louis & Creighton at any time.

Markedman
12-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I think the Presidents and AD's are sick of all the volatility associated with being tied to football schools.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/bigeast14-d7815om-183439151.html

IWB
12-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I understand that, but when you look at Memphis and Temple, no mega-conference will invite them, so a big basketball conference may get them more cash than a football conference so they will stick.

Markedman
12-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Who knows what conversations have already been had? Maybe Memphis and Temple don't want to have seperate conferences for basketball and football? Maybe baskeball schools are so tired of this that they just said enough.....no more football schools.

If Temple or Memphis were going to be part of this my guess is it would have leaked out already.

ValiantSailor
12-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Agree completely, and add Cincy & UConn to that. Will they leave? Sure, but you can always add St. Louis & Creighton at any time.

IF football schools are even a consideration, then UCONN and Cinci should be the first ones considered. And I'd stop the league at twelve members. We don't need to build another mega-conference.

VS

TheSultan
12-14-2012, 07:50 AM
In thinking about this, one advantage to inviting UConn and UC is that it might make the issues surrounding the exit that much easier.

MU/Panther
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Why would Conf. USA only want Temple and Memphis for football, but not basketball. Those league are all or nothing.

ValiantSailor
12-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Why would Conf. USA only want Temple and Memphis for football, but not basketball. Those league are all or nothing.

The Big East invited ECU for football only; their other teams were staying in C-USA.

Odd, but I guess someone saw the benefit.

VS