PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown not on board?

AlexJesswein
12-13-2012, 08:51 PM
http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=26380&page=5#519100

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=606655

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-13-2012, 08:57 PM
That would be a kick to the nuts of this new conference. I guess we will always have to worry about the ACC plucking gtown as it's the top asset in the conference (great bball and academics). Hopefully they commit to the new conference and everyone is required to sign large exit deals.

IrwinFletcher
12-13-2012, 09:06 PM
So let me get this straight...

C7 schools have multiple meetings with each other and Commish. Think long and hard about it. Then finally vote to disband the conference and move forward.

And then Georgetown backs out....

Do you really think that happened? Isn't it more logical to think that all 7 are on board and have committed to do so toghether?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Irwin---would anything surprise you at this point? I have to think Gtown is on board with the new conference....unless the ACC were to come a calling....and you really couldn't blame them for bolting for the ACC if given the chance.

That being said, wouldn't the ACC prefer UConn or Cincy to Gtown because of the football?

kneelb4zerg
12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
When exactly is the ACC coming for GT? Not happening.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-13-2012, 09:16 PM
When exactly is the ACC coming for GT? Not happening.

Just going off of the very speculative story in the link provided by op. I agree that it probably won't happen but even with the commitment to the new conference you can't trust anyone imo---and georgetown is the prized piece of our new conference so if the ACC were to get picked off by other conferences it's at least a possibility----or at least something you have to guard against. Just saying dont take anything for granted even if it seems completely outlandish.

kneelb4zerg
12-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I like GT but I think we are the prized piece and presumptive leader of this conference.

dubs98
12-13-2012, 09:33 PM
thats the attitude Kneel;) i like where your head is at

Markedman
12-13-2012, 09:39 PM
The decision to form the new league has already been made, according to MU sources. The only holdup is Georgetown President John J. DeGioia, who is struggling with the idea of his school leaving the Big East.

Once DeGioia signs on, an announcement on the formation of the new league, which would begin play next season, could come as early as Friday.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/bigeast14-d7815om-183439151.html

Got to hand it to Hunt...he is earning his money

wiscwarrior
12-13-2012, 09:44 PM
I like GT but I think we are the prized piece and presumptive leader of this conference.

I agree, especially going forward; we have Buzz... and we ARE Marquette!!! :D

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-13-2012, 09:54 PM
I agree, especially going forward; we have Buzz... and we ARE Marquette!!! :D

We will agree to disagree :)

IWB
12-13-2012, 10:06 PM
So let me get this straight...

C7 schools have multiple meetings with each other and Commish. Think long and hard about it. Then finally vote to disband the conference and move forward.

And then Georgetown backs out....

Do you really think that happened? Isn't it more logical to think that all 7 are on board and have committed to do so toghether?

Maybe Georgetown is saying they want to do this but keep the name?

IrwinFletcher
12-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Got to hand it to Hunt...he is earning his money[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nice article with some actual information.

TheSultan
12-14-2012, 07:57 AM
That would be a kick to the nuts of this new conference. I guess we will always have to worry about the ACC plucking gtown as it's the top asset in the conference (great bball and academics). Hopefully they commit to the new conference and everyone is required to sign large exit deals.

Well, if they leave, they were going to leave anyway. This is still the right path to go down.